Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids - How do I start?

firawesome

Starting again at 35
Love the forum! Have been reading nonstop for 4 hours now and gained plenty of information. Thanks guys. But, alas, I'm about to do what I think all newbies do when they come here. But this information really has been difficult to find.

Allow me to introduce myself:

Sex: Male
Height: 5'10"
Current Weight: 195
Current fitness level: Trying to get back into shape after a ten year "period of relaxation". Been lifting weights for about a year. Aerobic exercise up to about 60 minutes three times a week. I've managed to lose 15 pounds by dieting and exercising and have pretty much turned my fitness level a full 180 degrees.

Goal: Basically, look like I did when I was 25. Dropping 15 pounds took me a ginger 7 months, and I've gained much more definition than I've had before. Now, I've been stuck for about 3 or 4 months. No further weight loss. No increased definition. And my abs aren't coming in!

Current diet: 2000-2200 calories a day. Generally 60% proteins. 30-50gms of which are post-workout.

Current supplements: Arginine 500mg before aerobic exercise. Nothing else.

I need advice on going to the next level. Advice with supplements is appreciated, but at my age, I know I'm going to need some hormonal (ie. anabolic steroid) help.

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to being an active member here.

So I assume you want to go with a very light just to keep the muscle while dieting. I would go with something like this:

Cycle:
Week 1-8 Test Enanthate 250mg/week
Week 1-8 Arimidex .25mg ED
Week 3-8 HCG 250iu Mon & Thurs

PCT
Week 10-11 Nolva 40mg ED
Week 12-13 Nolva 20mg ED
Week 10-13 Clomid 50mg ED

At 35, you could work with an anti-aging service or an endocrinologist and most likely get prescription gear for your hormone replacement needs.

I don't know if that's a big plus for you, but it's nice to never have to worry about sources, fakes, LE, etc. etc.

Thanks guys for the great responces.

I'm estimating my current body fat at around 20%. The only way I currently have of measuring that is by my "body fat analyzer scale" which has those electrode type thingies that measure current in your body when you step on the scale. I don't know how accurate it is, but it did read around 28% last year when I started working out.

I haven't really been concentrating on power-lifting much in my exercise regime because I didn't want to bulk up before toning up and losing some fat. My bench is currently maxed at 225lbs, of which I can do maybe 2 or 3 good reps. For some reason, I haven't felt strong enough to do squats like I used to. I'm currently at about 150lbs for squats, but admittedly I don't do squats as hard as I should. Ahhh ... I remember the days I used to squat 400lbs (back when I thought vomiting post-workout was a "good" thing)! But that was a long-time ago ...

I've been doing more reading on this forum (it's a great one!) and I'm concluding that most people recommend starting out with a single drug. Anavar seems to be the top choice for building muscle and dropping fat concurrently. Is this correct? I like joeschmoe's idea of including arimidex, since gynecomastia is the last thing I need. Go for it?

I'd love to get prescription-grade meds! But I'm wondering how seriously an endocrinologist would view the request of a 35-year old trying to get back into shape. I work in a hospital, so seeing an endocrinologist is easy enough, but I'm not about to advertise that I'm going to be seeking aas! (see? I'm using the lingo now, lol)

So, should I go for Anavar alone? Include Arimidex? Or are there better alternatives?

I'd love to get prescription-grade meds! But I'm wondering how seriously an endocrinologist would view the request of a 35-year old trying to get back into shape. I work in a hospital, so seeing an endocrinologist is easy enough, but I'm not about to advertise that I'm going to be seeking aas! (see? I'm using the lingo now, lol)

So, should I go for Anavar alone? Include Arimidex? Or are there better alternatives?

Here's what you need to say:

"Doc I don't know what's happened but after I turned about 30 my energy level really dropped off. I'm just not enthusiastic about working-out, playing sports or even having sex right now. I've lost a good 10-20lbs of muscle over the past five years and I'm noticing fat in places I've never seen it before. Also, I just don't sleep as soundly as I used to and I seem a little 'down' more often than I used to."

That should do the trick.

I dont like those body analyser scales. I had one tell me I was 8.9% then a week later 23%. It has to do with the amount of water in your body. Those scales measure the fat content of your body by making a calculation based on height, weight, and electrical resistance which can be changed with different water and salt ratios in your body. The best way would be to get hydro statically tested. Next best would be skin fold calipers. With a trained person they can be accurate to within 1-2%.

Personally, I would include at least squats, deadlifts, bent-over bb rows, and bb bench press into your workout routine. They are all compound movement which use more muscle groups. You don't really have to go heavy but I feel it is important to make sure these are all included as they burn more calories than isolation lifts.

I have never used Anavar but i hear that it is good for your goals. However it is very expensive compared to testosterone. I also personally prefer injections because anavar you'l be taking multiple pills throughout the day every day and test is one maybe two injections per week. Primobolan is mild as is anavar but also expensive and there are many counterfits. You shouldn't need arimadex with either.

I truly feel that the best bang for your buck is straight test, either enanthate or sustanon. Low dose AI and lots of cardio and low carb, high protien diet, followed by a solid PCT. Hope that helps and good luck with your training.

I wouldn't get to hung up on your weight and loosing body fat at this point but concentrate on building strength an muscle, eat clean but don't restrict calories.... Your body comp will change an u will loose fat without even trying....I'd train like this for awhile and set some short term goals to bring your lifts up.

Top Bottom