Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroid era in baseball, the aftermath is shocking

timtim said:
i worked with quite a few nhl team trainers in my last job. a few who i played for. they had a different outlook.

It's called keeping your head down. Nobody is going to admit to it. I played professional baseball for 2 years, I know what goes on pro sports, and juicing is just part of the deal for most.

dabuffguy said:
A good portion of hockey players juice. end of story.

Bullshit. Of the major sports, NHL guaranteed has the smallest percentage of juicers...pretty much limited to fourth-line goons.

The skilled players in the NHL have always participated in annual international play in the Olympics, World Cup (formerly Canada Cup), and World Championships...so they've been subject to testing long before the NHL put in a testing policy of its own.

canadianhitman said:
Bullshit. Of the major sports, NHL guaranteed has the smallest percentage of juicers...pretty much limited to fourth-line goons.

The skilled players in the NHL have always participated in annual international play in the Olympics, World Cup (formerly Canada Cup), and World Championships...so they've been subject to testing long before the NHL put in a testing policy of its own.

Did I say the majority? I said a good portion. which is subjective, but more juice than you think. They don't use bulking drugs, they use strength drugs. They don't want to get huge. They want to get strong and aggressive.

PuddleMonkey said:
I say let them juice. Who the fuck doesn't like the long ball?
I don't like long balls...

wait...

what are we talking about?

Tatyana said:
+1

There are far fewer problems with drug abuse, crime, addiction when drugs are legal or decriminalised.

Even heroin (which has been studied the most in this regard).

I disagree in regard to hard narcotics.

Opium almost destroyed the Chinese in the 1800's.

Even the Dutch have recognize legalization of drugs has cause more harm than it has helped.

One can get addicted to heroin after one dose. I cannot fathom why anyone would want such a substance out int he open for anyone to try even once.

Army Vet said:
I disagree in regard to hard narcotics.

Opium almost destroyed the Chinese in the 1800's.

Even the Dutch have recognize legalization of drugs has cause more harm than it has helped.

One can get addicted to heroin after one dose. I cannot fathom why anyone would want such a substance out int he open for anyone to try even once.

If a person is already addicted to heroin, then medically supervised use of heroin works far better than methadone to have people deal with the addiction and to even get off the drug.

Do you have any info on the Dutch?

Drugs are not really legal there, they are decriminalised, and I think it is only grass.

They do have an issue with a lot of heroin junkies, they are annoying, I lived there for three years in Centrum, and junkies on my doorstep was quite typical.

Tatyana said:
If a person is already addicted to heroin, then medically supervised use of heroin works far better than methadone to have people deal with the addiction and to even get off the drug.

Drugs are not really legal there, they are decriminalised, and I think it is only grass.

They do have an issue with a lot of heroin junkies, they are annoying, I lived there for three years in Centrum, and junkies on my doorstep was quite typical.

Shit, in Amsterdam you got 8 year old kids walking around drinking beer and smoking hash. Legalization and decrimnalization of drugs is a HORRIBLE idea.

Tatyana said:

Methadone is hell trying to get off
that shiat gets into your fat cells and bones
withdrawal symptoms lasts weeks
You can kick the physical addiction to dope in the matter of a few days (depending on your habit)
it's the lifestyle that is a bitch to kick

I'll sniff dope every now and then, never inject.
I tend to stay away though due to inconsistant quality
haven't touched it since last Sept

canadianhitman said:

this was my point. ive been around alot of ice hockey for many many years and aas, even at the higher levels, just wasnt present. its not going to effect their play like people think as in other sports. also, look at the relative size of these guys. 5'10" to 6'4" 175 to 225. they are not big and bulky. its above leverage, angles, and body position. brute strength has little to do with helping you beat out a finesse player.

dabuffguy:
It's called keeping your head down. Nobody is going to admit to it. I played professional baseball for 2 years, I know what goes on pro sports, and juicing is just part of the deal for most.

one of my coaches was a gear user and competed in bbing. he was also a pro trainer for multiple teams through his career. why would he admit to use and then say the players dont? from his mouth, it wouldnt help them beat the speed and ability of good players. im sure there is use in the nhl, but very, very little.

Why don;t they just outlaw baseball? That would cut down on steroid use in the MLB. Or better yet, make steroid use mandatory in all professional sports. Level the playing field.

Top Bottom