Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steelers Superbowl Supper

ass_face

Thought this deserved its own thread.

stillerz.jpg

Fred Carrow, well known in the area for his recent banners of Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu that hung at several of the team's home games, has downsized his talent into an oil painting filled with symbolism of the world champions and their road to this year's Super Bowl victory.

"It's loosely based on Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper," but I don't want anyone to think it's sacrilegious in any way. The spirituality of the Steelers was really evident this year, especially with the prayers Troy (Polamalu) says, and I wanted to honor that," Carrow said.

Carrow has named his oil painting Once in a Blue Moon from Roethlisberger's comments about a fumble by Jerome Bettis and Roethlisberger's ensuing tackle late in the playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Fittingly, the foreground of the painting depicts a kneeling Roethlisberger grabbing the shoestring of Indianapolis' Nick Harper as he runs away with the Super Bowl XL trophy.

"I tried to represent Pittsburgh's unprecedented run and victory by symbolically placing players or symbols to represent each game through the playoffs. First is Chad Johnson of the Bengals. Remember when Chad used our sacred Terrible Towel as a bib to keep his jersey from getting slopped on. Well now, Myron Cope, the creator of the Terrible Towel, is getting his shoes shined by Chad and his Tiger Towel," Carrow said.

Carrow describes the setting around the table and his interpretation of the scene:

"Also included around the long table are Troy Polamalu explaining the story of the 'interception that never happened' to Alan Faneca and Casey Hampton. The always-smiling Hines Ward, in his most valuable player jersey, leans in toward his good friend, Jerome Bettis. Bettis has a bowling ball in hand to represent his retirement and love for bowling. Aaron Smith has his thumb up to represent the fifth ring or 'one for the thum.'"

Coach Bill Cowher is center stage and surrounded by his beloved team. Joey Porter points to his wineglass demanding that Peyton Manning "keep it filled." Manning is dressed in his souvenir green apron from his heroes at the "Decaf! Decaf!" diner.

Jeff Hartings is waving his Terrible Towel as Willie Parker rests his elbow on the table to represent the almost fumble that Cowher red flagged and we got back. Then there is Scooby, sometimes known as Kimo Van Olhoffen. Kimo is known as Scooby in his home state of Hawaii and is also very good at sewing, so I had him crocheting a Steeler scarf.

Antwaan Randle El is raising his glass toward Peyton Manning for more wine. Jeff Reed likes to comb his hair straight up, just like his kicks. James Farrior is pointing to the theft of the new Lombardi Trophy.

Carrow estimated that more than 100 hours were spent in the planning and painting of the project. He used local residents Joseph Croskey and Bill Dunn as models for the positions around the table, set up in a pseudo studio at Clifford Carpets on the city's South Side.

The finished product is framed in, what else, black and gold.

Prints numbered 1 to 100 will be presented to the Steelers organization as a gift.

"To me to get those to the Steelers is great," Carrow said.

The painting may be viewed at www.fredcarrow.com.

kethnaab said:
why would they? refs were against the steelers throughout the playoffs.

Just another hater. Anyone with knowledge of football realizes there was one bad call: The Hasslebeck chop block which was actually a tackle... it cost Seattle 15 yards. Ben was in, Jackson Pushed off and Locklear was holding all game, it so happens he finally got flagged for it on that play before the INT.

Yeah, the Steelers were getting railroaded through the playoffs... especially in Indy, that was the worst officiating I have ever seen.

agreed 100%

don't forgot, however, that Stevens had a fumble that was called an "incompletion", and the only TD Seattle scored was off an illegal pick.

course, we won, so we won't bitch about the poor calls (well, maybe a little :D )

kethnaab said:
agreed 100%

don't forgot, however, that Stevens had a fumble that was called an "incompletion", and the only TD Seattle scored was off an illegal pick.

course, we won, so we won't bitch about the poor calls (well, maybe a little :D )

There were poor calls on both sides of the ball.... but Cowher's mentality is 180 degrees from Holmgrems. I watched the game of the week and Cowher told them that what's done is done and there is no reason to dwell on the past. "Short Memory" was his mantra. Meanwhile fatass Holmgrem is crying like a bitch about a call made in the 2nd quarter.

kethnaab said:
oh, that is Blitzburgh in all her glory. K to you Ass. ;)

I can watch that hydrocephalic dolphin headed cocksucker get sacked over and over! I love how they all focuses on Troy Polamalu and everyone else went free. He was so in their heads that game they didn't know whether to shit or wind their watch.

Top Bottom