Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sports capital of the World?

The United States has the most sports out of any other nation.

However, international sports such as soccer, olympic lifting, and greco roman/freestyle wrestling are severely underrated in the USA.

As far as a sports capital. . .too hard to determine.

Lol, this just goes round and round...

Trouble with the USA is that Hockey, American Football or Basketball really are not world sports, a few pockets here and there around the world, but certainly not international. Therefore NHL, NFL or NBA teams are not valid reasons here. In fact, few of the most popular sports in the US are popular outside, and few popular outside are popular inside.

well in america....it certainly doesnt have the best teams, but i will give my vote to my hometown of philly...sure it might be a shit hole, but their are no more passionate fans then in philly....im not sure if their was a more intimidating place to play any sport than for opposing teams to play football at the vet...now its "Stinkin Financial Field" true joke!

FatRat said:
Lol, this just goes round and round...

we gotta keep the european flag flying though;) Perhaps I should mention the Atlanta olympics and how well they were handled comared to the Manchester commonwealth games;)

little chris said:
I would have to say NY cause they get the most media coverage. after that I would say chicago, LA's sports coverage isn't as high as you would think. I remember reading an article before and its listed the top 5 biggest sports media towns.
1) NY
2) Chicago
3) LA
4) Philly
5) was either boston or detroit.

Only someone from the East would put Chicago, LA, or Philly over Dallas...you easterners hate teams from Texas esp Dallas. Probably due to what we did to the Bills in the Super Bowl(twice), or the steelers in 95 and of course the "NO GOAL" which won the Stanley Cup in 99.

Also with the Broncos back to back champs and the Avalanche, I would say that Denver may even be over Chicago or Philly. I mean PHilly? last championship in Philly was when? Chicago? yea, if MJ was still there, now LA you have a point with NY & LA, but then it has to be Dallas. IMO

LA or Philly? C'mon dudes, lets be realistic not predjudice.

i stated clearly that it wasnt for championship purposes...but overall fans...i guess its two diff. categories

magman1 said:
i stated clearly that it wasnt for championship purposes...but overall fans...i guess its two diff. categories

Dallas fans are great, but we want championships not just good games. We like our teams to win it all, and we hate it when our teams suck...like three straight 5-11 seasons with the Boys.

Top Bottom