Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Runaway Bride now gold-digging ex-fiancee

They will probably piss away the entire $500k in litigation costs. Some people are just shitty. =-(

heatherrae said:
They will probably piss away the entire $500k in litigation costs. Some people are just shitty. =-(

How could such a simple case cost that much???

That is what is wrong in the country, it not about justice...its about the legal system milking the people for what they can afford.

I dont see what her problem is?!

Honestly I dont think that she should make any profit after how she scared the hell out of people not to mention set off a man hunt for herself.
Some people are just too greedy

mightymouse69 said:
How could such a simple case cost that much???

That is what is wrong in the country, it not about justice...its about the legal system milking the people for what they can afford.
Well, the lawyers who like the media attention will get involved. Then, the costs of expert witnesses, attorney fees, depositions, etc can skyrocket.

PS -- lawyers can't bring these cases without litigious clients approaching them asking to sue someone else. It is society that has become very litigious.

I believe that we are the only industrialized nation that does not have "loser pays".

Would cut down tremendously in frivolous law suits... dont you agree?

Society would not be so litigious if they weren't promised a crock of gold at the end of the litigation rainbow... now would they?

We don't have an automatic, loser pays rule, BM, but in lots of cases, the judge orders the loser to pay court costs and fees. Sometimes the winning side even gets their attorney fees paid. I think people are willing to risk the court costs etc to try to make a windfall.

I hate frivolous suits as much as you guys do. I have turned away countless stupid cases, and you would not believe how mad the people get when you tell them you don't think their bullshit case is worth your time and effort. They all think they are going to get millions. :rolleyes: It's the same sort of people who try to get permanent disability checks and then go play golf every day.

Top Bottom