Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Requesting novice cycle assistance!

kibbiekatze

I'm making this thread on behalf of my boyfriend. He's been considering starting a novice cycle for sometime now, and before we make any decisions we figured it would be a good idea to find out what people here recommend. Researching is mandatory of course, but to make a well-rounded choice, your opinions on his situation are very appreciated!

I'll start off by giving you guys a brief background on him. He's 24 years old, 5'11" at 140lbs, and is a pretty hard gainer. His weight has been stalled for around 6 months and he has trouble getting calories in consistently because a lot of foods give him heart burn and he also has a very sensitive stomach. Also he lacks an appetite, so we were thinking a cycle with Equipoise wouldn't be a bad choice since it increases appetite.

Where's a good place to start with him? What are your thoughts and experiences with hard-gainers? Also if you need any more information, I'll answer to the best of my ability. Thanks!

You should start by getting his training and diet in check. Everyone around here is going to tell you that he is way too small to even think about juicing. If you juice without a base you will lose all your gains.

Okay so his digestive system is sensitive. You need to cope or try to fix that. Find out what food he is sensitive to and cut them out. Ill bet it's wheat/gluten, corn, sugar and processed food.

Start eating fresh lean meats, lots of fruit and veggies, nuts and complex carbs like rice and sweet potato. Cut out junk food, sugar, soft drinks, chips and all that other crap.
Also look into probiotics and digestive enzymes. But don't tell me he's stuck at 140 he's as skinny as a rail.

Fellow hard gainer here.

At 5'11'' and 140, he's about 50 pounds too small to be ready for a cycle of anything at all...

He really needs to get his diet and training right before he can look to use any AAS, because he's eating like a 140 pounder, and when he comes off he'll eat like a 140 pounder, so guess how much he'll go back to weighing...

I agree with everyone else he needs to focus on diet and training first. Cut out the foods that bother him and force feed the ones he can tolerate. The only thing I'd recommend at this point is n2slin and gear which will help him better utilize the nutrients he takes in. Along with that, a good multi, fish oil, and maybe 1 shake a day.

Use code joeb15 for 15% of at Ntbm.

Use code TEAM1001 at ruthless supps for a $50 off discount on transaderm and phytoserms.

That's pretty much what I personally expected to be honest. He is eager to put on size and muscle, but consistent diet and training is the absolute foundation. He's been caught up in stress from school, which affects his regular eating and training, although he does become more consistent in the summer. Still though, it needs to be a year-round thing. Thanks for confirming my thoughts in the first place. :)

Once he is able to overcome his eating and spends a big chunk of time eating right and training right (however many years down the road), what does a beginner cycle typically look like? I know there's a lot of options and I've been googling in an effort to educate myself, but I still don't know what's the most commonly recommended way to go.

Thanks again guys, this really helps solidify things.

I was 6'4 170 and a hard gainer to this day, starting my first cycle on Monday at 220 lbs. hard gainer is just an excuse for not eating enough. Eat every two hours of the day, then he will see the scale move.

Yeah, I should add that when he made the *most* gains, he was eating all day every day, and drank a gallon of milk every day too! Granted, he felt terrible taking in so much throughout the day, but he did have results while that was happening. Also we are suspicious that he can't eat gluten and that's what's making him sick, but we have to test that theory and cut out all gluten to find out for sure. Which makes it harder to bulk of course, but it's better than getting sick all of the time.

Wow ok lets clear some things up.........

It is not what you eat it is what you process.

I see too many "hard gainers" just simply eating the wrong things.

You would fair better eating more clean easy to process calories than simply relying on hard bulking.

Lets make this simple. Get your Bfs diet to this

Breakfast:
16 egg whites
4 pieces eziekiel toast
1.5 cup oats
1 cup pineapple
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp all natty pb

Post workout
3 scoops whey
1 piece fruit
1 cup yogurt

post workout meal
12 oz lean beef
2 cups brown rice
(cooked with onions and 2 tbsp of cococnut oil)

Meals throughout the day
1-2 cups brown rice
10 oz chicken cooked in coconut oil

snacks before bed
all natty pb and cottage cheese
casein shakes and probolic shakes

try using a calorie counter website and monotoring how many cals he is actually consuming

You would be amazed of all the "hard gainers" thinking they are gonna build muscle on a sub 3k cal diet.

my rant is over

i was 120 pounds when i started lifting in high school. it means nothing.

he needs to hit the weights hard and he needs to hit the food hard. using an excuse that he lacks an appetite is a cop out. you don't have to eat a zillion grams of protein a day or whatever. you just have to eat big like a man. he isn't gonna grow overnight and all the stress he is under doesn't help either. he is still a baby at 24 so he needs to mature more. if anyone on here posts a pic from when they were 24 vs. say 34 you would see the difference between a very young man/boy compared to a man. there is a big difference between those ages.. so he needs to be patient

check out the diet and workout split in my signature below... if he follows both of those 90% for the next year he will easily get into the 170's+ and maybe more.

Top Bottom