Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Public schools no place for teachers’ kids

my wife and i make a less money now, so that we can live in an area where we feel comfortable raising children...

I drive about an hour and a half to work every day for a few reasons, this being the main one. The school my son is in now is a great school, the teachers are great and they really work with him and his disability. He feels comfortable here.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EliteFitness

The other thing is though, i had opportunities that others may not have. College education paid for by my parents. If i fell on hard times, my parents bailed me out more than once (helping me pay a bill, or pay off a credit card, bought me a new car). I also lived with them rent free for 4 yrs while i worked 2 jobs and saved money, then bought my own place.

I am lucky, most single parents dont have those kinds of resources.

You might have been a single mom in the aspect of the father being absent, but it doesn't sound like you had the true "single mom" struggle like the rest of us who didn't have everything handed to us.

You might have been a single mom in the aspect of the father being absent, but it doesn't sound like you had the true "single mom" struggle like the rest of us who didn't have everything handed to us.

Well that's why I pointed out the opportunities I had. I did have to work 2 jobs to pay my bills, had no money leftover, lived in a very modest 2bd/1ba condo. There was a period of time i went without car insurance for about a yr bc I couldnt afford it. So, i had help when things got real bad (overdrawn on my acct by >$600) but i still struggled deciding which bills to pay, which to pay late etc.

And his father was never 'absent', he just didn't pay child support.

The other thing is though, i had opportunities that others may not have. College education paid for by my parents. If i fell on hard times, my parents bailed me out more than once (helping me pay a bill, or pay off a credit card, bought me a new car). I also lived with them rent free for 4 yrs while i worked 2 jobs and saved money, then bought my own place.

I am lucky, most single parents dont have those kinds of resources.

Oh look at me, my parents were around when i needed them

Well that's why I pointed out the opportunities I had. I did have to work 2 jobs to pay my bills, had no money leftover, lived in a very modest 2bd/1ba condo. There was a period of time i went without car insurance for about a yr bc I couldnt afford it. So, i had help when things got real bad (overdrawn on my acct by >$600) but i still struggled deciding which bills to pay, which to pay late etc.

And his father was never 'absent', he just didn't pay child support.

Not to be nosey, but how many bills did you have? Seemed like everything was pretty much covered.
I know all to well about overdrawn accounts, and barely getting by. I went for about 6 months without a job living on my own with my child, we had no cable or anything fancy, i made money doing odd jobs and paid what was important, and made sure there was food on the table.
Now I'm doing better, got a good-ish job, and definitely a better support system than ive ever had.

Oh look at me, my parents were around when i needed them

IKR! I should be looked down upon because my family was able and willing and decent enough to help me out in a time of need. I should feel shame because i didn't have it rough enough. Oh well.

Because people talk the good talk about wanting whats best for their kids but dont want to make the hard choices to actually make it happen

If my memory serves me right, you've never been married and have never had any children, right? I just want to put the shit you always say into the correct context.

If my memory serves me right, you've never been married and have never had any children, right? I just want to put the shit you always say into the correct context.

Nothing wrong with not wanting kids. We have a tough enough time trying to figure out what to do with all the ones we already have in this country, not to mention the planet.

IKR! I should be looked down upon because my family was able and willing and decent enough to help me out in a time of need. I should feel shame because i didn't have it rough enough. Oh well.

uhhh, i think he was just messing with you??? that's what we do around here, ya know??? if i'm not mistaken, i think i detected some notes of irony and absurdity in his comment???

Top Bottom