Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Public schools no place for teachers’ kids

Public schools no place for teachers' kids - Washington Times

12.2% of parents send their children to private school.

1 in 5 public school teachers send their children to private schools.

In large public school systems the percentage is much higher.

"In Washington (28 percent), Baltimore (35 percent) and 16 other major cities, the figure is more than 1 in 4. In some cities, nearly half of the children of public school teachers have abandoned public schools.

In Philadelphia, 44 percent of the teachers put their children in private schools; in Cincinnati, 41 percent; Chicago, 39 percent; Rochester, N.Y., 38 percent. The same trends showed up in the San Francisco-Oakland area, where 34 percent of public school teachers chose private schools for their children; 33 percent in New York City and New Jersey suburbs; and 29 percent in Milwaukee and New Orleans."

It's becoming more and more a matter of, if you want your kids to be well educated, you better either have the time and know-how to homeschool them or the money to send them to private school.

It's becoming more and more a matter of, if you want your kids to be well educated, you better either have the time and know-how to homeschool them or the money to send them to private school.

Or move to a suburb that has a decent school district and dont put them in inner city schools

Or move to a suburb that has a decent school district and dont put them in inner city schools

What about the single moms working two jobs with a deadbeat dad that can't afford to leave the communist collective school system by being denied a choice. :)

Dont live in a shit school district
People move all the time to better public school districts for their kids

What about the single moms working two jobs with a deadbeat dad that can't afford to leave the communist collective school system by being denied a choice. :)

I was a single mom working 2 jobs with no child support and i still owned a condo and had my son in a good school district. Why isnt there a choice to move?

I was a single mom working 2 jobs with no child support and i still owned a condo and had my son in a good school district. Why isnt there a choice to move?

Because people talk the good talk about wanting whats best for their kids but dont want to make the hard choices to actually make it happen

The other thing is though, i had opportunities that others may not have. College education paid for by my parents. If i fell on hard times, my parents bailed me out more than once (helping me pay a bill, or pay off a credit card, bought me a new car). I also lived with them rent free for 4 yrs while i worked 2 jobs and saved money, then bought my own place.

I am lucky, most single parents dont have those kinds of resources.

Top Bottom