Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pet help - Dog with intense unrelenting itching

nefertiti

Memeber
Elite Moderator
So, first and foremost - this is my roommate's dog, not mine. If it were mine I would have brought her to the vet months ago and I have implored him time and time again that she needs to see the vet. He is in complete denial and thinks she just has dry skin and needs better doggy conditioner.

For a couple of months it was sort of amusing. She has one spot that itches right by her tail worse than anything. It's near that spot most dogs go weak kneed when you scratch, by the base of the tail, but five or six inches up the back from there. She would lean against you and all but demand you scratch her there.

So it WAS kinda funny...till I noticed a big, thick scab that hadn't been there....she basically found something to rub herself against and rubbed the area so hard that she rubbed all her hair off (or there is a hair loss from something underlying) and rubbed the skin raw. Then last week I noticed the spot was bloody and raw - she had rubbed the scab off. We found what she was rubbing against (the bottom of a folded ping pong table in the garage) and moved it to where she couldn't get at it, but since then I found a new scab and then she had rubbed it off again somehow.

This poor dog looks completely miserable, and my roommate is delusional. I bought some hydrocortisone spray at the store today as well as benadene which supposedly helps with staphylococcus (which is what I think she's got) and I'm going to try and use it later today.

pic:

2ilosa1.jpg

Any thoughts/suggestions beyond my attempted storebought rescue? I can't stand to see this furball suffer any longer.

Just take the dog to the vet and bill it to roomy.

It may come to that....but I'm looking for possible peaceful alternatives before I fuck around with a friendship and living situation that's really good for me at the moment.

Would this guy really get that pissed over you taken care of his pet that obviously has a problem? Scratching is one thing, but an open wound is another.

Would this guy really get that pissed over you taken care of his pet that obviously has a problem? Scratching is one thing, but an open wound is another.

He's not declining to take her for lack of time....he's between movies right now and currently sleeping in his bedroom, or having sex with his gf lol (who knows, the door is shut). He loves his dogs to death, so it's not that he just doesn't care either....but yeah, he'd get pissed if I just took her there after he told me twice in the last week that he doesn't think she needs it. He's possessive with them and got touchy about it when both bonded really closely with me after I first moved in.

So frustrating....I can't understand how someone can see their pet scratch themselves bloody and not want to do everything in the world to make it stop.

it's clear to me that you and the gf need to gang up on him.

I tried that angle too...but he was in the room so I couldn't really conspire with her about it. But next time she's here and he isn't, or he's sleeping, I'm definitely pulling her aside.

Top Bottom