Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ooo USA BASKETBALL LOST TO ARGENTINA 000

Ben Wallace?
Andre Miller?
Jermaine O Neal

Hardly an allstar team.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Ben Wallace?
Andre Miller?
Jermaine O Neal

Hardly an allstar team.

Exactly.

Most of these players are good contributors/role players but not dominating all stars.
For your normal basketball fan they may think that this is a very good team. But once you really see what these players are about, they are slightly above average from your typical NBA player. In other words, not enough of a significance to really cause much damage.

Here are a few players that come to mind:

Raef LafRentz?

Mobile, big body, but that's pretty much where it ends. Has the potential to hit the long open jay but his role is to play center which he has not all that good at. Nothing more than a contributor.

Elton Brand?

Good player. Can rebound very well and has some nifty moves. But again, he is not a dominator and not the type of guy that can take over a game like a Tim Duncan or Dirk can.

BEn Wallace?

Good post up D and can rebound. Wow, another guy that can rebound but can't put the ball into the basket if he were to post inside. Definately not a dominator, good contributor for rebounding.

Andre Miller?

LOL. Has a good keen sense of the court and can make good passes, again, to reiterate myself, not a dominator. He is the kinda guy that can improve a good team if he were to be the point guard there. But on a lousy team, his presence hardly makes a difference. In one way he is somewhat overrated, and another way somewhat underrated. Basically, not All-star type material.

Jermaine O'Neal?

LOL. Part of the new breed of the tall-quick-athletic NBA players that lack many basic fundamentals that the Europeans and other parts of the world have grasped. Take a look at his game vs. Dirk or the dudes from the Kings. Different positions? (can someone verify this?) But similar height yet different skill level. Not an ALL-STar.

Reggie Miller?

Borderline all-star at the peak of his career (which was years ago) but does have some of the basic fundamentals and consistent shooting to contribute to the team. As someone stated before, he is past his prime so I consider Reggie at the present moment as your slightly above average role player. At times he can shine, but most of the time, don't expect much.

Paul Pierce?

Perhaps the only one that actually has 'game' in terms of performing way above average. He can shoot, pass, etc...where the only problem I see with him is his psych and consistency. If there was no Paul Pierce the US team would be in deeper shit IMO. Basically an All-star player (of course he is not at Kobe's level or a few other true domitors but he is not far from that level)

In conclusion, this is not an All-Star team. This is what I consider a bunch of slightly above average scrubs that can contribute at times but hardly any of em (besides Paul Pierce) can simply 'takeover.'

Jason Kidd, Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan, Chris Webber and Dirk (who I now consider part of the Elite of the NBA) would tear every opponent to peices. But this is all fantasy for now.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Dutch football league which is empty, without any good dutch players who were all bought by larger clubs abroad

The only bad thing about sending over a team of street ballers to play in an international rules game is that they most likely wouldn't take gold. If they could play on an NBA level in a real game, then I'm sure they would. Their moves are slick as hell in streetball, but I just don't think they would be able to beat top tier international teams.

Jetisin said:
Well last year (or the year before that don't remember exactly when) the US came very very close to losing....and they did have an all-star team (the year when Vince Carter dunked over the 7-foot dude). I think it was to Yugoslavia or Lithuania or one of those countries.

The gap is closing!! Other countries are catching up! This makes for better basketball because at least it is now competitive. I'm glad US lost.

True, the gap is closing as the world gets smaller via through technology. People all over the world are watching the NBA so the influence is very pronounce.

As far as last year's Dream Team, don't exactly remember but even then they didn't have the best players. Was Kobe playing on that team? Hopefully Kidd was playing right? I like Vince Carter but I feel he is the bottom tier of the NBA pinnacles. I prefer the likes of McGrady than Carter.

But that's a seperate issue as I want to focus on this year's Dream TEam. Yes, the gap is getting closer but last year's Dream Team would have defeated Argentina. My point being is that this year's Dream Team sucks, not that the US is lacking talent mind you.

I could see how everyone is somewhat surprised that the US team lost. We are supposed to be the cream of the crop when it comes to basketball in the world. We are supposed to be soooo good that even our scrubs in the NBA (like the makeup of this year's team) can take on any newcomers. On top of that, they make more money in 6 months than any of us will make in a lifetime.

Ha, this team is a joke. Personally, im not surprised about the lost. While I didn't root for the US team to lose, I sure didn't sympathize with a bunch overpaid crybabies.

Considering I'm jewish, and some of my relatives died in the holocaust, I wouldn't cheer on the nazi's. You must be retarded comparing a basketball game to the killing of 6 million jews.

I read an article a few weeks ago on Espn.com's Page 2 about the Dream Team, and it mentioned something a lot of people forget. There was really only one Dream Team, and that was the original one. Everything after that has just been dubbed "Dream Team" by the media even though they do not have the talent that the original had.

HighIntensity said:
blamb

Shaq
Kobe
Carter
Jordan
Kidd
Payton
Garnet
Stevie franschise

and any other NBA fool who were to good to show up for this event

pathetic, Argentina could not ever beat us with some true all stars, they are a team who wins because they have unison and two skilled players...

We have no scorers...WTF no one can score on this team, and it shows

Ben Wallace, Elton Brand, Reggie Past His Prime Miller, andre miller, Jermain Oneil

this group is a bunch of role players and barely all stars

this group was done when Ray Allen had knee problems

exactly, the Lakers can beat(kill) this USA team.

Top Bottom