Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Okay so who will win Steelers or Patriots

Who will win STEELERS or PATRIOTS

• Steelers

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Patriots

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your Dribble= Wrong!

JKurz1 said:
First..let me say i have been posting here
for 3 years now and as most of you know I usually dont get into the back and forth crap..So, my post was designed to start discussions and get the juices flowing a little for what should be a great Sunday of Pro Football..So, i will not engage in name calling and all that shit my new friends are. Just having some fun...so chill the fuck out.

The NFL is all about match ups and Pitt matches up well with NE. The Jets, Jaguars and Chargers are all teams I did not want Pitt to see in the playoffs, tough matchups because the teams are so similiar in what they try and do.Big and physical up front on Defense and can defend the run well with strong running games, ball control type of Offenses. When those teams meet, you get close low scoring Defensive games where each play is more magnified and outcomes can change drastically. NE is NOT that type of team IMO. Its more about scheme with them and thats where i see the problems for the Patriots.
I for one thought Indy was ready to win...but, was wrong for the 31st time this season...and I'll be wrong again...So, its only a big deal to the people who enjoy calling me out.

NE's plan was brilliant Sunday though...Bellichek let his best players..his LB's, be the central figure in stopping the Colts Pass/run. He played his secondary deep and kept everything in front of them forcing Indy to throw short where his LB's/Harrison would be making all the hits/plays and his Secondary was more of a last line of Defense more than anything else. They made Indy earn everything they got and forced them to be ultra patient and when they finally did get into NE territory the field shortened and it made things even more of a problem for the Colts offense..It was a great game plan and they executed it flawlessly. He NEVER let his Corners be responsible for making 1 on 1 plays that would decide the outcome..

The problem this week I see is that Pitts style of play limits Bellicheks genius..He is limited in what he can do because he MUST commit 8 Defenders to stop the run..there's no other way you can do it against Pitt. If not, they rush 50 times for 275 yards and beat you up.
So, that limits them somewhat and will force NE's secondary to play more 1 on 1 type of coverages(unlike Indy where it was more of a scheme) and thats MUCH easier for Rothlesberger to figure out and attack than a 6-7 man Zone with different half field coverages and all that stuff. NE's Corners are nowhere as talented as the Jets.
Another problem for NE...I was at the first game sitting on the 45 yard line about 20 rows from the field and believe me when i tell you, Pitt physically POUNDED NE up front on BOTH sides of the ball(even w/ Seymore), I was amazed. I am not sure what NE can do to prevent that again. Even 8 guys in the box didnt work last time.. So, hows that all of a sudden going to change..?

UNLIKE LAST WEEK vs INDY..NE will not win the Physical battle and NE wont be able to run the ball consistantly..NOBODY has on Pitt.This is the BEST Defense in the NFL...Pitts Defense is dominant..they pummeled the Jets offense and if it werent for 2 GIFT TD's, It wouldnt have been close. You guys all know that.So, I dont buy the ball control theory for NE either..they need BIG plays, which are few and far between vs Pitt..

NE's best shot is big Special teams plays..and Pitt WONT forget what beat them vs NE in 2001 and ALMOST beat them last week..Punt returns...big plays on Special teams..Its a good situation for Pitt because of what happened last week vs the Jets..Cowher was fuming about it at his press conference, you could tell. I dont think you'll see that this week..

Also..NE put in alot of time,energy and emotion into last weeks preporations(NE did have 2 Weeks to get ready for Indy)...Bellichek even said it himself yesterday and said they are a "bit behind schedule this week". So, that would concern me If i were a Patriot fan. maybe they shot their load last week..? probally not, but, you never know.

Remember, Rothlesberger was playing his first game in 3 Weeks vs the Jets.he missed the season finally vs Bufallo and had 2 more weeks off..I think that more than anything may have been responsible for his erratic play.I think he'll be more relaxed this week and make better throws. His problem last week was not mental..it was physical..his throws were just bad and i think the layoff had alot to do with that.

Everyone is making this game out to be about bellichek/Brady vs Cowher/Rothlesberger..I see it as much more than that.
Pitt is at Home.
Pitt has the best Defense in the league
Pitt has the most dominant/physical run game in the league
Pitt is 15-1 ty

Brady will not win every playioff game he plays in, he will lose eventually. I think they run into a team that is equally as determined and equally as good as them this week and thats why i like Pitt.

PITTSBURGH 27
NEW ENGLAND 17

sorry for him,but he didn't watch the game objectively
Jets consistently gained 4 yards "up the middle" against Pitt
though the game came down to "breaks",which the jets managed to come out on favorable end of
which anyone who knows football willinform you that "breaks" are often forced
the Jets won the game
"Ben" was exposed
all that analysis fails to recognize the QB is the trigger for the offenese
when I played the game I used to look at QB ratings to get an idea of an "offenese",not a QB

JKurz1 said:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Whootyyyyy whooooo $$$$$$$$$$$$

I got the Pats in the Bowl too, as long as that line stays under 5.........

so you picked the steelers to win but the patriots in betting

Um not for nuttin but Pitt fans sat the same ting every year how they match up against the Pats and oops, buh buy Pitt. I love the Pitt fans though, they are legit and die for their teams every weak.

Top Bottom