Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NHL Playoffs...

Yeah, that game was deceiving. Luongo was siiiiiiiick. 'Hawks probably should have had a few more in but he was "ON"

And what's up with those goalie pads? They're like 20 feet long!

Gonna hate to see this series end....

I dont think chicago got lucky they dominated that game...once vancouver scored the one goal they played from the neutral zone back...always had 3-4 guys back...reminded me of the devils from a few years ago

This is precisely why I don't want Vancouver to advance...they are BORING to watch. I'd rather see a team like the Hawks playing another team with offensive firepower. Hawks vs. Wings is the best possible series in the west.

Pittsburgh played another great game tonight showing how vulnerable Caps are unless they get unbelievable goaltending. With Theodore, I didn't have them getting past first round.
Carolina out everything Boston...hitting, speed, desire and on scoreboard.

I miss fighting dammit!

Youre a habs fan? i would be embarrassed...whoever boos a goalie that has potential of more than any players on that team are a bunch of fucks...why is quebec part of canada...gay...

Youre a habs fan? i would be embarrassed...whoever boos a goalie that has potential of more than any players on that team are a bunch of fucks...why is quebec part of canada...gay...

agreed.. careys actually from my town or he moved there..willamslake..hes like actually a standup guy..

agreed.. careys actually from my town or he moved there..willamslake..hes like actually a standup guy..

Being a goalie in Montreal is probably the toughest job in all of sports....Price will have his day, some of those fans need to be patient...

As far as last night's Bruins/Canes game; HOLY SHIT!!! Carolina was in 6th gear!! They must have all had a red line before the 3rd period. The whole period was in the Bruin's zone....Samsanov goal was SICK!! Did you see Thomas look up @the defenceman after the goal? What was that about? Who missed what?

Some fans and media have ridiculous expectations and show their disappointment in odd ways. Some in the crowd also booed the U.S. anthem, that was embarassing but that bullshit isn't exclusive to Montreal. Certainly not embarassed to be a habs fan, the greatest franchise in history of hockey.
As bad as it gets when things are going poorly is balanced by how great it is when they're winning. Price can tell you about that too.
Bro, maybe you're just getting pissy cuz I thought you might be a "fair weather" Wings fan cuz you thought the bad call that waved off their goal destroyed their chances when it only put them down 2 games to 1.
As for the the Quebec-Canada...gay comment, maybe you're just not too bright like a lot of people around here.

Carey Price deserves to be on a better team....Olay Olay Olay Ogay....fuck is that fuckin gay...Detroit is the new era in the greatest franchise in history. You dont have a clue either...everytime i say Detroit is gonna lose they win...im superstitious so fuck off you really dont think i think that team cant fight adversity? they are the king of that.

Part of the reason Price got booed for struggling is that he is just not all that LIKEABLE at this point. Part of that is his fault, part of that is not his fault at all.

One of the reasons he's not very likeable is that he has just waltzed in and been handed the keys to the kingdom without ever having had to earn it. This happened in Hamilton, where he walked in and played the playoffs on a very good team that was going to win anyways, after the team had great goaltending all season long. The other guys got shit on, so Price looks like a bit of a villain there. Not his fault...that was all Canadiens management making that call. Then he comes into Montreal and is given the starter's job in short order without ever having outplayed Huet. Again, not his fault, that was all management. But when they threw him in there and he went into the playoffs without a safety net and shit the bed, it caused many a grumble and generated more ill-will.

As for factors that are his fault, there's his off-ice drinking and excessive partying that has clearly affected his game at times. There's the way he ballooned into a fat pig last year. I know a lot of people are irritated by how laid back he is when playing...he doesn't BATTLE enough...he doesn't push guys in front of him or peek around guys to try to find the puck when he's being screened. It seems like he just gives up on plays too easily, unlike the Marty Brodeurs and Patrick Roys of the world who fought tooth and nail every minute of every game. That certainly isn't winning him many fans.

I know I reached my breaking point with Price the day after he hit his Patrick Roy pose. When he sat down at that press conference and did his little "I hit the pose on purpose to remind the fans that booing doesn't help". In a situation where he should have shown some remorse he threw out a 'be careful what you wish for' vibe, and that's where I decided I had a strong dislike for him. My attitude was "Fuck you, you snot-nosed little punk...who do you think you are? When Patrick Roy did it, he already had 2 Stanley Cup rings, 3 Vezina trophies, and had been the best goalie in the league for the better part of a decade."

Carey Price was already under a microscope because of decisions management made, but the stunt he pulled in the last game and the subsequent arrogance he showed at the end-of-season press conference are his own doing. He's going to have to live with the concequences now; for his sake, I hope he's stellar right out of the gate next season.

Top Bottom