Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Murder via baseball bat in hippie-land Canada..

Razorguns said:
Where on earth do you get 125 murders in Beverly Hills??

LA is a bad city to compare. You're pretty much comparing a mexican city. Might as well compare Tijuana while you're at it.

Now you're really having trouble comprehending. 125 murders in Los Angeles (AFTER YOU REMOVE 80% OF THEM). The Beverly Hills comment is playing on your ridiculous notion that we should only compare small, rich areas of Los Angeles to a city of several million in Canada.

woosh

bluepeter said:
that we should only compare small, rich areas of Los Angeles to a city of several million in Canada.woosh

Because the two countries are completely different.

A city of 2 million americans IS NOT THE SAME as 2 million canadians.

In the US we can have a city with 50 murders. And 10 minutes away, we can have an upscale beach city with maybe 3 murders.

Catch my dift? It's that striking differences in cities that makes comparisons between canada and the US practically impossible.

For you look at me and say i'm at risk cuz i have 53 murders.

I look at you, and tell you i'm safer cuz i only have 3 murders.

Meanwhile, you live in a big metro area which has 12 murders.

My 3 beats your 12 cuz your crime is all over the place and you'll always be at risk.

Until you live here -- you won't really comprehend what i'm saying. Life in the US _is_ drastically different then the US. Those 50 murders in compton don't bother me. That's something you fail to figure in when doing _your_ math.

It's an "american" thang. Canadians just won't understand. :)

LMFAO

You're hilarious.

As I said, this is obviously pointless. Of course Canada and the US are different, I believe that is the whole point.

Here's one more for you just for fun.

The city of Los Angeles had 620 murders in 2002. The ENTIRE COUNTRY OF CANADA HAD 548.

bluepeter said:
No, You!

Even your murder statistics are second rate.

If I wasnt watching my figure I'd buy the whole country and turn it into one huge slurpy machine.

bluepeter said:
The city of Los Angeles had 620 murders in 2002. The ENTIRE COUNTRY OF CANADA HAD 548.

Let's swap geographical positions and borders and see what happens to that crime rate. :)

Fortunately for you, polar bears from greenland don't import much crime. hehe.

Razorguns said:
Because the two countries are completely different.

A city of 2 million americans IS NOT THE SAME as 2 million canadians.

In the US we can have a city with 50 murders. And 10 minutes away, we can have an upscale beach city with maybe 3 murders.

Catch my dift? It's that striking differences in cities that makes comparisons between canada and the US practically impossible.

For you look at me and say i'm at risk cuz i have 53 murders.

I look at you, and tell you i'm safer cuz i only have 3 murders.

Meanwhile, you live in a big metro area which has 12 murders.

My 3 beats your 12 cuz your crime is all over the place and you'll always be at risk.

Until you live here -- you won't really comprehend what i'm saying. Life in the US _is_ drastically different then the US. Those 50 murders in compton don't bother me. That's something you fail to figure in when doing _your_ math.

It's an "american" thang. Canadians just won't understand. :)

You have obviously never spent a day in Toronto cause you'd see by yourself that they have ghettos, pakis, chinese gangs, blacks, punks, trailer park trahs and more just like Los Angeles. It's a big hole. And their PD sucks big dinkey balls...

Btw in the US in most states, if you shoot someone in self-defence, you'll spend some time at the police station and probably get charged with this or that for no reason. It's the same bullshit. We have the right to defend ourselves but authorities seem to dislike this attitude. But on the other hand, they're hudreds of cases where civilians got away with no charges for killing some scumbag. Just dont do it in Ontario....

manny78 said:
You have obviously never spent a day in Toronto cause you'd see by yourself that they have ghettos, pakis, chinese gangs, blacks, punks, trailer park trahs and more just like Los Angeles. It's a big hole. And their PD sucks big dinkey balls...

Give me a break. YOU have obviously never seen a real ghetto if you think such things exist in Toronto.

bluepeter said:
Give me a break. YOU have obviously never seen a real ghetto if you think such things exist in Toronto.

go hang out around Jane and Finch, or Regent Park at night and tell me if you have fun.

JustJacked said:
go hang out around Jane and Finch, or Regent Park at night and tell me if you have fun.

Been there, done that. I went to school at Westview. Never had a problem and while parts of the area could be termed depressed, it is not anywhere close to a ghetto. Go to Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Detroit etc. etc. and you'll see some real ghettos. Even though I've been to many of them, I'm always still shocked at the conditions many people live in and how completely trashed huge expanses of the areas are. Not to mention how scary it is to be anywhere in those vicinities after sundown.

The closest thing in Toronto, and probably Canada for that matter to a ghetto would be Scarborough. Most of Toronto's crime happens there and it tends to have a lot of the lower income people living there. However, even there has many nice areas and the crappy parts are nowhere close to a real ghetto.

Top Bottom