Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Murder via baseball bat in hippie-land Canada..

unimpressed here, i see far worse, in fact, the muther-fucker who shot me got off scot-free. nothing like those racially unbiased juries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's true, the Canadian government punishes good people and lets the assholes go scot free. And the deregulation of guns puts the guns in the hands of gangsters or people willing to go through the blackmarket...for htose without connectiosn they stick to bats and knives...lotsa stabbings

If someone steals your bike, and they get an in accident, by Canadian tort law (apparently) the owner of the bike gets the big stiffy. Not sure how valid this is though but someone can verify it...where's Manny78 anyway

Yes, that's appalling.

But don't act like it's only in Canada.. not too long ago 4 New York police officers shot an innocent man 41 times, when he was reaching for his wallet.

All four were cleared of all charges. Wtf is THAT?!!

Seashell said:
Yes, that's appalling.

But don't act like it's only in Canada.. not too long ago 4 New York police officers shot an innocent man 41 times, when he was reaching for his wallet.

All four were cleared of all charges. Wtf is THAT?!!

Better representation through money. Obviously this man was probably poor. His lawyer was probably working on 12 cases at the same time.

I'm sure it's the same way in Canada. Get the best lawyer -- get the best deal. The "OJ Simpson" syndrome.

Razorguns said:
Better representation through money. Obviously this man was probably poor. His lawyer was probably working on 12 cases at the same time.

I'm sure it's the same way in Canada. Get the best lawyer -- get the best deal. The "OJ Simpson" syndrome.

Scary state of affairs..

But in this case, I think it's a much bigger issue than just a crappy lawyer... it's not like there was a lot to prove here. They killed an innocent, unarmed man.

For not even ONE charge to be laid, is absolutely insane.

The Red Dragon said:
Yeah I'm not a fan of our legal system...they even got that young offenders shit where you can get away with murder, so long as you're under 18.
I think a first degree will get you 25 years MAX, they probably let you out in 10.

Actually first degree murder in Canada gets you 25 years with no possibility of parole. 2nd degree murder gets you 25 years with the possibility of parole in 10 years although the average time served is more than 15 years.

bluepeter said:
Yeah, Canada is a real haven of violent criminal activity. Aren't you guys scared that it's going to spread to the US?

If you compare middle-class american US suburbs (and remove the ghettos, mexican barrios from the equations which unfairly skew the numbers) -- you'll actually find that American cities are SAFER than Toronto, Vancouver, etc.

Gotta compare apples to apples here. I'd feel much safer in Brentwood or Aspen or Duluth, Minnesota than Toronto or Hamilton.

One thing i've noticed is that when canadians compare themselves to the US -- they immediately start conjuring up images of Compton or South Central LA.....

So -- Let's be fair here for a second -- and start comparing Canada's crime rate the other 99% of the US where the rest of us americans live. The comparison changes drastically now.

I believe something like 70% of felony crimes in the US are commited over 10% of the populated geographic region.

Razorguns said:
If you compare middle-class american US suburbs (and remove the ghettos, mexican barrios from the equations which unfairly skew the numbers) -- you'll actually find that American cities are SAFER than Toronto, Vancouver, etc.

Gotta compare apples to apples here. I'd feel much safer in Brentwood or Aspen or Duluth, Minnesota than Toronto or Hamilton.

One thing i've noticed is that when canadians compare themselves to the US -- they immediately start conjuring up images of Compton or South Central LA.....

So -- Let's be fair here for a second -- and start comparing Canada's crime rate the other 99% of the US where the rest of us americans live. The comparison changes drastically now.

I believe something like 70% of felony crimes in the US are commited over 10% of the populated geographic region.

Oh please. Find me one US city with a population over 2 million that has something even remotely close to the number of murders per year we have in our large cities like Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Find one. Come on.

The US has triple the number of homicides per capita as Canada. That apples to apples enough for you?

You want to move the comparison out into the smaller communities because your cities are so ghetto? But I thought Toronto was a 3rd world ghetto. You've said so yourself dozens of times.

Get your facts straight so we can have a rational discussion, your unmitigated hatred of your birth country is ridiculous.

You were doing fine expressing outrage over such a sentence because I completely agree it's bullshit. They should have been charged with first degree murder, not manslaughter. You couldn't just leave it at that though could you?

bluepeter said:
Oh please. Find me one US city with a population over 2 million that has something even remotely close to the number of murders per year we have in our large cities like Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Find one. Come on.

The US has triple the number of homicides per capita as Canada. That apples to apples enough for you?

You want to move the comparison out into the smaller communities because your cities are so ghetto? But I thought Toronto was a 3rd world ghetto. You've said so yourself dozens of times.

Get your facts straight so we can have a rational discussion, your unmitigated hatred of your birth country is ridiculous.

You were doing fine expressing outrage over such a sentence because I completely agree it's bullshit. They should have been charged with first degree murder, not manslaughter. You couldn't just leave it at that though could you?

Lousy Canadian slackers

Top Bottom