Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Murder via baseball bat in hippie-land Canada..

bluepeter said:
Oh please. Find me one US city with a population over 2 million that has something even remotely close to the number of murders per year we have in our large cities like Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Find one. Come on.

You're missing the point still.

Canada doesn't have ghettos. It's crime is SPREAD-OUT over the masses.

Whereas in LA, the crime is in certain areas.

While the other areas are bullet-proof and safe.

Conclusion:

Guess which area *I'd* want to live in?

Like I said -- if you remove the ghetto cities from LA and then compare -- the facts change DRASTICALLY.

Look up the crime and murder rates of Brentwood or Huntington Beach or Sunnyvale, Ca and compare to Toronto.

"Crime spread out among the population" is apparently used as a proud fact by Canadians. All it does is make every citizen more susceptible to crime is what they don't realize.

Personally -- if everyone in Compton wants to shoot and kill each other -- fine by me. It's that old addage: "Not in my backyard".

If Canada have such non cruel sentences for big crimes, yet such a low crime rate... I think I know what I understand from it.
LMAO at anyone who thinks US's justice system is better... get real.

Razorguns said:
You're missing the point still.

Canada doesn't have ghettos. It's crime is SPREAD-OUT over the masses.

Whereas in LA, the crime is in certain areas.

While the other areas are bullet-proof and safe.

Conclusion:

Guess which area *I'd* want to live in?

Like I said -- if you remove the ghetto cities from LA and then compare -- the facts change DRASTICALLY.

Look up the crime and murder rates of Brentwood or Huntington Beach or Sunnyvale, Ca and compare to Toronto.

"Crime spread out among the population" is apparently used as a proud fact by Canadians. All it does is make every citizen more susceptible to crime is what they don't realize.

Personally -- if everyone in Compton wants to shoot and kill each other -- fine by me. It's that old addage: "Not in my backyard".

I'm getting the point, it's just nonsensical. You wish to remove certain elements of your fucked up society so we can get a fairer comparison? lmao

You want to compare a couple of small ritzy areas of one of your cities to a city of 5 million people? Wow, that sounds reasonable. That's like me saying to you that I want to compare Richmond Hill to the entire city of Chicago.

Here's a little chore for you. You go ahead and remove the shitty elements of your city. Chop the number of murders that occured in Los Angeles last year by 80% and then we'll compare with Toronto. What do you come up with?

I'll give you a hint. Los Angeles with a population of approximately 4 million had around 620 murders in 2002. Toronto with a population of around 3 million had around 60 murders in 2002.

I'll let you do the math.

bluepeter said:
I'll give you a hint. Los Angeles with a population of approximately 4 million had around 620 murders in 2002. Toronto with a population of around 3 million had around 60 murders in 2002.

You're failing to take into account *DIFFERENCES* between the two countries.

Canada and the US are _not_ the same. Yes they were founded by white people -- but the societies are different.

The US has ghettos and barrios occupied by bottom feeders. Crack whores. Poverty-prone individuals. Illegal mexicans and columbians.

These areas simply do not exist in Canada (for the most part though that is changing apparently).

So your comparison of 620 isn't valid. I do not go into Compton. Saying that _my_ crime rate is high cuz of what happens 20 miles from me, an area where I never venture into, isn't accurate at all.

We are blessed and cursed at the same time. Yes it's bad these areas exist (no fault of mine, but that's another argument). But we are blessed, that our middle-class areas ARE _extremely_ safe with a huge gluttony of thousands of trigger-happy anti-criminal cops at our disposal should the need arise.

Take cities of equal demographics and do a comparison and the true reality shows itself.

lol at this thread

bluepeter said:
I'm getting the point, it's just nonsensical. You wish to remove certain elements of your fucked up society so we can get a fairer comparison? lmao

You want to compare a couple of small ritzy areas of one of your cities to a city of 5 million people? Wow, that sounds reasonable. That's like me saying to you that I want to compare Richmond Hill to the entire city of Chicago.

Here's a little chore for you. You go ahead and remove the shitty elements of your city. Chop the number of murders that occured in Los Angeles last year by 80% and then we'll compare with Toronto. What do you come up with?

OK, so Razor has chosen to obfuscate and avoid the obvious so I'll do it for him.

As stated, remove 80% of the murders in Los Angeles because he doesn't want to compare anything but Beverly Hills and we get approximately 125 murders. That still leaves us with more than double the 60 murders in Toronto that year

I'd ask you to explain that to everyone but this is obviously pointless. You believe what you want.

bluepeter said:
OK, so Razor has chosen to obfuscate and avoid the obvious so I'll do it for him.

As stated, remove 80% of the murders in Los Angeles because he doesn't want to compare anything but Beverly Hills and we get approximately 125 murders. That still leaves us with more than double the 60 murders in Toronto that year

I'd ask you to explain that to everyone but this is obviously pointless. You believe what you want.

Where on earth do you get 125 murders in Beverly Hills??

LA is a bad city to compare. You're pretty much comparing a mexican city. Might as well compare Tijuana while you're at it.

Top Bottom