Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Murder via baseball bat in hippie-land Canada..

Razorguns

gets you 6 years. Out in 4 with good behavior.

Canaduh -- what the HELL is wrong with you guys???

Scott Peterson should've killed his wife in vancouver. He'd be out in a couple.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...968705899037&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

---
Six years for beating gay man to death

CANADIAN PRESS

VANCOUVER — A man convicted of manslaughter in the beating death of Aaron Webster was sentenced today to six years in prison.

In sentencing Ryan Cran, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Mary Humphries called the gang attack on Webster, who was gay, a ``random, cowardly and terrifying act."

Webster was beaten with baseball bats and a golf club in an area of Stanley Park where gays were known to meet for sex.

At a sentencing hearing 10 days ago, the Crown asked for a six- to nine-year sentence, which angered the gay community because it wanted the case treated as a hate crime to allow for a longer sentence.
Prosecutor Greg Weber said Webster, 41, was targeted because he was naked in Stanley Park and that’s what drew the attention of four males wielding the baseball bats, golf club and pool cue used to kill him.

Weber told Humphries that he did not have any submissions pertaining to the murder being a hate crime. Cran, 22, was convicted of manslaughter last December.

Members of the gay community and his family have called Webster’s death a hate crime, arguing he was in an area of Stanley Park frequented by gays cruising for sex when he was swarmed by the gang of males.

Justice Valmond Romilly, who has dealt with others convicted in the case, has also said Webster’s sexual orientation played a role in his November 2001 death.

A judge can consider an anti-hate provision in the Criminal Code as an aggravating factor to increase sentences beyond those that would otherwise have been given.

Two others involved in Webster’s slaying, who were tried in youth court, pleaded guilty and were sentenced to two years in custody and one year’s house arrest. A third man was acquitted.

During Cran’s sentencing hearing, about 30 of Webster’s supporters stood up in court to protest the Crown’s position as one man booed the lawyer.

“This was a hate crime,” another man yelled out, as another asked for people to stand in silence as Weber continued addressing the judge.

Webster’s mother, two sisters and his cousin read victim impact statements, saying he was an innocent man seen as a target simply because he was gay.

Joan Prokopetz of Armstrong, B.C., told the court that she has suffered from severe depression since her son’s death and has a difficult time coming to Vancouver, knowing she’ll never see him.

Webster’s sister, Faith Quintillan, said she has lived with insomnia, shingles and crying spells since the death of her brother, who she was very close to.

“I feel as though half of my heart has been ripped out,” Quintillan said through tears.

Weber said Cran has not shown any remorse for the killing, adding the pack of armed men were looking to hunt down another human being for entertainment.

He read from a pre-sentencing report in which Cran is quoted as saying he feels bad about what happened but deflects the blame. ``It’s pretty terrible. It’s been in my head every day, thinking you’ve got a couple of friends who killed someone.”

Weber said Cran twice invited a man to participate in a beating at Stanley Park and then later boasted they’d “lynched a guy.”

“This was chilling, given that it was after it had been confirmed on the radio that Mr. Webster had died,” Weber said.

Weber called the crime senseless and cowardly, inflicted in the dark on a defenceless individual who was left alone to die after receiving some 13 blows to his body.

“This was a significant beating, quite apart from the blow that caused his death,” he said.

Hear that Lil Pup

It is so fucking on bitch

Yeah I'm not a fan of our legal system...they even got that young offenders shit where you can get away with murder, so long as you're under 18.
I think a first degree will get you 25 years MAX, they probably let you out in 10.

Yep. that's cuz in hippie-land Canaduh -- criminals are seen as VICTIMS who merely need to be rehabilitated.

That's fucked up.

If 9/11 happened in Toronto, and they caught the terrorists -- They'd probably be getting computer training and mba's during their 10 year prison sentence.

lol

Razorguns said:
Yep. that's cuz in hippie-land Canaduh -- criminals are seen as VICTIMS who merely need to be rehabilitated.

That's fucked up.

If 9/11 happened in Toronto, and they caught the terrorists -- They'd probably be getting computer training and mba's during their 10 year prison sentence.
Do you believe in rehabilitation? Or just "an eye for an eye"?

I have a friend in Canada who was jumped by two punks whilst minding his own business. He hit one of them once, and the other twice. Both punks required hospitalization. Friend is looking at prison time, for defending himself. He's accused of using "excessive force".

Regarding the baseball bat case, wouldn't a real Canadian have used a hockey stick?

Mr. dB said:
I have a friend in Canada who was jumped by two punks whilst minding his own business. He hit one of them once, and the other twice. Both punks required hospitalization. Friend is looking at prison time, for defending himself. He's accused of using "excessive force".

Regarding the baseball bat case, wouldn't a real Canadian have used a hockey stick?
Know a similiar situation with another friend of mine. Sad really.

I keep telling him that if he was going to go to jail for fighting in the subway, he should of pushed the guy into the incomming train and fake a faint spell.

Top Bottom