Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lance Armstrong.....

Armstrong to rejoin team in December

Bruyneel: "He has another Tour in his legs yet"

Fuelling speculation on the 'will he or won't he?' scenario is confirmation that Lance Armstrong will rejoin his team-mates in a little over two months' time for the first of Discovery Channel's team training camps in Austin, Texas.

"Lance has obviously been there every year. Whether this occurred or not, he was most likely going to ride with our team anyway at that camp," team manager Dan Osipow told Reuters yesterday. "Perhaps now he may ride with a bit more vigour and take it a little differently than perhaps a retired athlete would."

"I think he's been very offended," added team manager Johan Bruyneel to the Associated Press on the L'Equipe allegations. "If you know him he doesn't need a lot to find some motivation. I think it woke up the competitive side of him."

If past experience is anything to go by, it's hard to see Armstrong riding around his hometown 'like a retired athlete', complaining of the heat, asking his team-mates to slow down on a training ride in front of his sponsors, or worse still, being dropped. Recent allegations questioning his merit in winning the 1999 Tour de France will have no doubt spurred the immensely proud Texan to train even harder, and if he comes out of the camp rejuvenated and remotivated, who knows?

"Does he take the camp the way he has the last handful of years or is he there just to stay fit and healthy?" asked Osipow. "Obviously it depends on where we are in December... how he takes the camp."

Added Bruyneel: "I'm sure he could win [another Tour]. "The way he won this year... everything pretty much under control and he never showed any weakness. He has another Tour in his legs yet."

Rex said:
France hasn't brought shit to the table since the Statue of Liberty.

If it wasn't for Lance Armstrong, then France would have Germans walking all over them in one more thing.
How many French died resisting the Germans? 5?

They didn´t lose they just didn´t fight. Maybe they thought hitler was kind of cool. Like most of Europe, it seemed

Hiatussin said:
How many French died resisting the Germans? 5?

They didn´t lose they just didn´t fight. Maybe they thought hitler was kind of cool. Like most of Europe, it seemed

If they thought Hitler was so cool, then why did they welcome the American liberation?

Back to the topic though: I'll be elated to see Lance rub it in their faces one more time.

I'm a big fan of Lance, mainly because I'm a cycling fan/competitor, and his presence has made the Tour De France very exciting for the past 7 years.

Don't be fooled, at their level, they are all using performance enhancers. Some are better at staying ahead of the testers than others. For example, US Postal supposedly was using Actovigen (sp?) a few years back before it was banned.
I don't know what Lance is/was on, but its probably something that isn't banned yet, or that they know they can 100% mask. I believe he is also on test replcement for his missing nut, so he is probably able to keep his test levels artifficially elevated to the max allowable level all the time.

That said, at that level of competition, using drugs is more like a way of evening the playing field, since so many, if not 100% of them, use. Therefore I have complete respect for him as an athlete, as at that level, he's been able to dominate.
If you aren't a competitive cyclist, you can't even begin to understand how difficult it is at that level, and what genetic freaks those guys are, with or without drugs.
Go for a vacation in the french alps with your bicycle. Try riding 220 km in one day and see how you make out. Then imagine doing it 20 days in a row at over twice the speed you managed.....

benny1970 said:
there's a smart response..........

No doubt. He needs to grow up. Bicycles are for kids. He need litre bike or a chopper then we will see what mr freak boy is make of.

Dial_tone said:
Armstrong to rejoin team in December

Fuelling speculation on the 'will he or won't he?' scenario is confirmation that Lance Armstrong will rejoin his team-mates in a little over two months' time for the first of Discovery Channel's team training camps in Austin, Texas.

"Lance has obviously been there every year. Whether this occurred or not, he was most likely going to ride with our team anyway at that camp," team manager Dan Osipow told Reuters yesterday. "Perhaps now he may ride with a bit more vigour and take it a little differently than perhaps a retired athlete would."

"I think he's been very offended," added team manager Johan Bruyneel to the Associated Press on the L'Equipe allegations. "If you know him he doesn't need a lot to find some motivation. I think it woke up the competitive side of him."

If past experience is anything to go by, it's hard to see Armstrong riding around his hometown 'like a retired athlete', complaining of the heat, asking his team-mates to slow down on a training ride in front of his sponsors, or worse still, being dropped. Recent allegations questioning his merit in winning the 1999 Tour de France will have no doubt spurred the immensely proud Texan to train even harder, and if he comes out of the camp rejuvenated and remotivated, who knows?

"Does he take the camp the way he has the last handful of years or is he there just to stay fit and healthy?" asked Osipow. "Obviously it depends on where we are in December... how he takes the camp."

Added Bruyneel: "I'm sure he could win [another Tour]. "The way he won this year... everything pretty much under control and he never showed any weakness. He has another Tour in his legs yet."
Oh shit the french pissed him off. NOT GOOD, lol.
I remember a couple tours back he fell and he got all pissed and yelled when he got back on his bike. Then, while going uphill, he started busting major RPM. He was furious and everybody riding around was like, "damn nigga!" It was so cool because he wasn't just going through the ride, he wanted make up lost time so you saw a side of frustration and anger. It was sweet.

curling said:
No doubt. He needs to grow up. Bicycles are for kids. He need litre bike or a chopper then we will see what mr freak boy is make of.

Why would he want to have anything to do with a culture of complete slobs who like to tour around cities making as much noise with their bikes as they can, and showing off their dirtbag women???

Top Bottom