Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Faith Good For Us?

nefertiti said:
I figured it was the time of year, but seriously...it's not like you're having to compete with religion and faith based threads here. Your anti-faith/religion threads are bumping threads about pot, sex in cars, randy moss, a bisexual chick, fighting, and illegal downloading - plus your own other threads.
Maybe I should post a few "would you hit it threads?" Bring the level of discourse back in line for C&C.

This weekend's NY Times Magazine tells about an early phone phreak named Joybubbles, who used an answering machine to create a sort of prototype podcast. He often ended them with a memorable line -- "Don't let God laugh alone."

We could do worse.

nefertiti said:
I figured it was the time of year, but seriously...it's not like you're having to compete with religion and faith based threads here. Your anti-faith/religion threads are bumping threads about pot, sex in cars, randy moss, a bisexual chick, fighting, and illegal downloading - plus your own other threads.

Java isn't trying to compete, Java is trying to teach humans logic and reason, on Elite Fitness people aren't old enough yet to have learned on their own if they have faith or not. Hopefully by Java's fulfillment of continuous youtube links and wiki copy/pastes he'll have completeled in changing peoples minds about their beliefs to atheism. Because that is what most people do online right? If someone tells you to change your beliefs or opinions, you usually get persuaded into doing so. I mean hell, the other day I changed my mind because another guy on the net copied someones blog of reasons on why pizza tastes bad, next day believe it or not, I didn't like pizza anymore

javaguru said:
Maybe I should post a few "would you hit it threads?" Bring the level of discourse back in line for C&C.

There are plenty of things to talk about that can stimulate intelligent conversation that have nothing to do with religion. Your threads basically incite the same debates over and over and over again - they go nowhere, no one changes their mind, the same people get offended, the same people cheer you on.

edit: why do I suddenly have 2k more in karma? I've been playing around in the bookie forum, but the only recent bet that's been settled was the pats and I already got my karma for that.

nefertiti said:
There are plenty of things to talk about that can stimulate intelligent conversation that have nothing to do with religion. Your threads basically incite the same debates over and over and over again - they go nowhere, no one changes their mind, the same people get offended, the same people cheer you on.

hater! :p

javaguru said:
http://psi29a.newsvine.com/_news/20...kely-to-care-for-the-poor-than-religious-ones

Atheist doctors more likely to care for the poor than religious ones

Atheist doctors are likely to practice medicine among the underprivileged than religious physicians, even though most religions call on the faithful to serve the poor, according to the results of large cross-sectional survey of US medical practitioners published in Annals of Family Medicine.

Researchers from the University of Chicago and Yale New Haven Hospital report that 31 percent of physicians who were more religious—as measured by "intrinsic religiosity" as well as frequency of attendance at religious services—practiced among the underserved, compared to 35 percent of physicians who described their religion as atheist, agnostic or none.

"This came as both a surprise and a disappointment," study author Farr Curlin, MD, said. "The Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist scriptures all urge physicians to care for the poor, and the great majority of religious physicians describe their practice of medicine as a calling. Yet we found that religious physicians were not more likely to report practice among the underserved than their secular colleagues."

Shows you how pointless and hypocritical organized religion can be.

borris said:
Java isn't trying to compete, Java is trying to teach humans logic and reason, on Elite Fitness people aren't old enough yet to have learned on their own if they have faith or not. Hopefully by Java's fulfillment of continuous youtube links and wiki copy/pastes he'll have completeled in changing peoples minds about their beliefs to atheism. Because that is what most people do online right? If someone tells you to change your beliefs or opinions, you usually get persuaded into doing so. I mean hell, the other day I changed my mind because another guy on the net copied someones blog of reasons on why pizza tastes bad, next day believe it or not, I didn't like pizza anymore

Pretty much every bottled water brand tastes like plastic to me. Is this in my mind or does plastic-bottled water really suck cock?

Top Bottom