Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

In his prime, MIKE TYSON was the best ever.

hamstershaver said:
thats not besides the point, you said he was the best ever, he never fought anyone worth a shit, how can you say he was the best ever
was he the best heavyweight of his era? yes, but when he was in his prime there was no other dominant heavyweight

I'll agree. There was no Frazier or Ali in his time. Holmes was already old.

redguru said:
I remember calling my wife from the ship to make sure she was taping the Tyson-Sphinx fight. I nearly blew my stack when she said she was watching something else. Then she said, I already taped the fight it was over in under two minutes.

I think most of his opponent took a nose dive.

I don't blame them. You have to see it to really appreciate the explosive speed and power. His oppenents winced when they were hit in the body. The Tyson after Robin Givens and under the new trainers is not close to the same fighter. My brother said that he probably blew it bigger than anyone in history. With that talent, he should have been mopping the floor with heavyweights for many more years than he did.

redguru said:
I'll agree. There was no Frazier or Ali in his time. Holmes was already old.
exactly, if he had to fight in the ali frazier foreman era i highly doubt he would of beaten all three without losing at least once
in tysons prime who the hell did he beat? spinks? lmao totally overrated light heavy that blew himself up to a heavyweight
that was his biggest fight, the only thing scary about spinks was his teeth

Ha! I'll probably get flamed for saying this but whenever folks gather to talk about great heavyweight boxers, George Foremans name always comes up as one of the greats. Foreman was NEVER a good boxer. He was just a big strong (albeit very sloppy) fella who threw nothing but bombs and would land one every now and then. :chomp: Foreman had the SMALLEST gas tank of any heavyweight in history. Butterbean had more stamina (not to mention was a better boxer) than Foreman.

Tyson has a chemical imbalance in his brain. He wakes up in the morning pissed off.

Although he was an exceptional talent in his time, he couldn't hang with Ali in his prime.

PICK3 said:
Tyson has a chemical imbalance in his brain. He wakes up in the morning pissed off.

Although he was an exceptional talent in his time, he couldn't hang with Ali in his prime.

He would have KO'd Ali. Tyson in his prime= best of all time. Bar none. Okay, let's keep arguing.

biteme said:
He would have KO'd Ali. Tyson in his prime= best of all time. Bar none. Okay, let's keep arguing.

lol!

The Gracies tried to bait him into MMA when he was hurting for money, but it wouldn't bite.

biteme said:

Agreed!! In his prime, Tyson was way too fast, strong, had great head movement, and was really adaptable. Not saying that I like the guy cause I think he's a piece of sh!t, but the man could fight.

biteme said:

Tyson would never have gotten inside of Ali. Ali was THE finesse fighter in the Heavyweight class. ALi would have kept Tyson outside with jabs and that's all she wrote. He also fought Ken Norton for 11 rounds with a broken jaw, and still managed a split decision.

redguru said:
Tyson would never have gotten inside of Ali. Ali was the finesse fighter in the Heavyweight class. Tyson would have kept him outside with jabs and that's all she wrote. He also fought Ken Norton for 11 rounds with a broken jaw, and still managed a split decision.

No. Once upon a time Tyson could slip jabs and counter with hooks to the body and/or head with the best of them. The difference with Tyson being his hand speed and power. Not taking anything away from Ali because he was good too.

Top Bottom