Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

improving horse stance...

All of my students called me Clint...NOT Mr. Darden...:)

We were friends and students back to each other...ALL of us learning. We also hung out a lot on weekends and helped to be a positive influence on each other.

We became a family...

B True

I'm envious. That was one hell of a life experience you had. I've been invited to Thailand several times in the past. Either when a friend was going back there or for a fight. I never went. Sounds odd, and has always bothered me. I spent some time in Japan and had some excellent experiences there, but I've always been pulled to Thailand. I always regret not taking advatage of some opportunities. It was either school, my own training, teaching, or work that kept me here:mad:. All my buddies have plenty of stories about Pattaya, and the uh...."co-ed" training camps:D that are abundant there.

If I ever get out there now, it certainly wouldn't be to train. I'm just a lifter now, too many injuries. Its been a couple years since I've trained seriously and don't really consider myself a "figther" anymore. Its still in my heart, but I don't have the mind-set any longer. I lost my edge over the last couple years. I've been training some people, so that keeps me into it a little. Once I get my back surgery I'm going to start training formally in Aikido and possibly another. I'll study the arts forever, but my days of Muay Thai are definately behind me. It will always be in my heart though. I've kept up my shin work though, and can still splinter a 2X4:) . Now I just have to figure out a way to do that from the wheel chair I'll be in when I'm 50.

B-fold,
We were friends and students back to each other...ALL of us learning. We also hung out a lot on weekends and helped to be a positive influence on each other. We became a family...

Thats the perfect way to put it. Family. Ideal:)

brian747478` said:
B,
interesting fam wasn't it? haha
brian

:)

It is good to see one of my ex students on the boards :)

B True

Long term.

Yeah bodybuilding is the only way to go in the long run; the body can only take so much....
Weight training helps us look good and a great fat burner (despite what others say.)

What is interesting though is the increase in cross-training in the arts.
I notice alot of Thai camps incorporating a proper weight-training program to compliment their already famous conditioning system.
On the reverse I notice alot of western gyms are taking up similar conditioning systems to the Thais.
The martial arts of the future (and in some gyms current) will blend the ancient tried and true conditioning techniques with modern bodybuilding programs.
(Yes in reply to the other thread; I hope that trainers are abit more open minded to steriods and other drugs; as the combination of ancient conditioning and modern body-building will be abit much for most people's body systems el natural.)

As for Aikido; it is a great system for take down and grapple. It will help round up the great standup fight technique of Thai-boxing.
I have modified my Thai-boxing punch technique; to standard boxing hands as I find that in terms of punching boxers have it good. I have boxed for the last couple of years and I found it has strengthen my hand techniques.
Wrestling is great too for ground floor fighting and gallotine chokes etc.
As for elbows and knees I have remained faithful to the old ways; eheh if it is not broken why fix it.

Top Bottom