Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

How many military people out there?

Alright...I am in the military and face the problems to maintain a proper diet/physical training plan that the average soldier faces.

I am trying to put together some studies on the different militaries PT standards and how they approach mainitining those standards

What I would like from you is some imformation to include:
Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc) :)
Branch of service?
Years in service?
Job description?
Age?
Height/weight?
BF%?
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)
goals?
Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?


All help is much appreciated, k for all that helps me, and hats off to all of our service members serving where ever you are serving!
 
Thanks for your service! I was in the Marines from 87 to 91. I weighed about 150-155 at the time, could run and do lots of pullups. Sorry I can't really help you with your questions, but I did learn how to push myself.
 
Mike_Rojas said:
Thanks for your service! I was in the Marines from 87 to 91. I weighed about 150-155 at the time, could run and do lots of pullups. Sorry I can't really help you with your questions, but I did learn how to push myself.

Thank you for serving back then, I am sure you gotta see some shit back then.
 
Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc)
Branch of service? USMC
Years in service? 1.5
Job description? Air Control Electronics Operator
Age? 19
Height/weight? 5'8" 155
BF%? Around 5, I think.
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)bulking, but still not too bulk so I can run.
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)3

goals? I don't know what my phyiscal goals are, I just wanna be healthy,big, and run really fast.

Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
Kept(keeps) me running and doing pullups for PFTs. I am now on the reserve side though.

Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?
I have to keep cardio as a priority over muscle mass. This made(makes) it hard to find the energy to lift any other time of the day. Since I dont run like a little bitch, this is pretty tough.
 
philipusmcr said:
Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc)
Branch of service? USMC
Years in service? 1.5
Job description? Air Control Electronics Operator
Age? 19
Height/weight? 5'8" 155
BF%? Around 5, I think.
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)bulking, but still not too bulk so I can run.
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)3

goals? I don't know what my phyiscal goals are, I just wanna be healthy,big, and run really fast.

Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
Kept(keeps) me running and doing pullups for PFTs. I am now on the reserve side though.

Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?
I have to keep cardio as a priority over muscle mass. This made(makes) it hard to find the energy to lift any other time of the
day. Since I dont run like a little bitch, this is pretty tough.


thanx for the input bro, much appreciated. It seems like alot of USMC are here, which is good! thanx for your service bro

the first question was, what countrie do you serve...meaning are you part of the Australian Royal army, Spains army, etc. I figured you are in the United States MC...LOL but thanx again bro, good luck to you
 
TRUEsoldier said:
Alright...I am in the military and face the problems to maintain a proper diet/physical training plan that the average soldier faces.

I am trying to put together some studies on the different militaries PT standards and how they approach mainitining those standards

What I would like from you is some imformation to include:
Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc) :)
Branch of service?
Years in service?
Job description?
Age?
Height/weight?
BF%?
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)
goals?
Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?


All help is much appreciated, k for all that helps me, and hats off to all of our service members serving where ever you are serving!

country of service - Australia
Branch of service - navy [changing over to special forces commandoes]
years of service - 3 [only 17 more till i retire!]
Job description - small weaponary, boarding parties and seamanship
Age - 23
hight/weight - 180 cms/85 kgs
b/f - takin a guess bout 11%
Styles of training - vary varied, environment pending. Sometimes heavy weight training, sometimes pure cardio, sometimes both. You name it i've tried it.
Years in training - 6
Goals - 95 kgs w/ <10% b/f, 2.4 kms run around the 9 min mark
Pro's - free gyms with top equipment, free advice from pti's, work time aloted to train.
con's - to many fat lazy fucks in australian navy. Theirs no excuse when all you need is at your fingertips. Fit test is to fuckin soft. can't use gear!

Good post bro. K for you :chomp:
 
country of service - Australia
Branch of service - navy [changing over to special forces commandoes]
years of service - 3 [only 17 more till i retire!]
Job description - small weaponary, boarding parties and seamanship
Age - 23
hight/weight - 180 cms/85 kgs
b/f - takin a guess bout 11%
Styles of training - vary varied, environment pending. Sometimes heavy weight training, sometimes pure cardio, sometimes both. You name it i've tried it.
Years in training - 6
Goals - 95 kgs w/ <10% b/f, 2.4 kms run around the 9 min mark
Pro's - free gyms with top equipment, free advice from pti's, work time aloted to train.
con's - to many fat lazy fucks in australian navy. Theirs no excuse when all you need is at your fingertips. Fit test is to fuckin soft. can't use gear!

Good post bro. K for you :chomp:
 
musclebosun said:
country of service - Australia
Branch of service - navy [changing over to special forces commandoes]
years of service - 3 [only 17 more till i retire!]
Job description - small weaponary, boarding parties and seamanship
Age - 23
hight/weight - 180 cms/85 kgs
b/f - takin a guess bout 11%
Styles of training - vary varied, environment pending. Sometimes heavy weight training, sometimes pure cardio, sometimes both. You name it i've tried it.
Years in training - 6
Goals - 95 kgs w/ <10% b/f, 2.4 kms run around the 9 min mark
Pro's - free gyms with top equipment, free advice from pti's, work time aloted to train.
con's - to many fat lazy fucks in australian navy. Theirs no excuse when all you need is at your fingertips. Fit test is to fuckin soft. can't use gear!

Good post bro. K for you :chomp:

Awesome shit bro, what is your fit test consist of???

and 2.4k run in 9 mins is pretty solid bro, what is that about 1 1/2 miles?? before I blew my knee out a few years back I was runnin around 12:20 2 mile. but that was about my best run.

good luck with the commandoe thing to bro, take it easy

Peace
 
philipusmcr said:
Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc)
Branch of service? USMC
Years in service? 1.5
Job description? Air Control Electronics Operator
Age? 19
Height/weight? 5'8" 155
BF%? Around 5, I think.
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc)bulking, but still not too bulk so I can run.
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)3

goals? I don't know what my phyiscal goals are, I just wanna be healthy,big, and run really fast.

Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
Kept(keeps) me running and doing pullups for PFTs. I am now on the reserve side though.

Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?
I have to keep cardio as a priority over muscle mass. This made(makes) it hard to find the energy to lift any other time of the day. Since I dont run like a little bitch, this is pretty tough.



you got a BF of 5%? sorry bro, but i highly doubt that. just b/c you are skinny, doesn't mean that you have a low BF... but if you do, then good on ya
 
What I would like from you is some imformation to include:
Country you are serving? (US, Australia, Iraq...etc) us
Branch of service? army
Years in service? 9
Job description? sf
Age? 28
Height/weight? 6' 235-240
BF%? no clue
style of training? (DC, Westside, HST, Volume...etc) right now 5x5 but i have used dc as well
Years in Training (weather it be BB style, PL style, strictly military PT...whatever?)
goals? 7
Pro's about being in military that directly corilates with your Physical training?
always a free gym on post
Con's about being in military that directly corilates with your physical training?
lets see........being deployed or going through schools - i have lost so much weight only to put it back on again its crazy. but its gotten to the point now where its almost fun (and easier) to put it back on. its difficult to be very muscular and be able to keep up with the 150 pound runners nowadays. so i have to put just as much time and effort into my cardio as i do lifting. i know lots of kids that can run fast but thats it. i prefer to be well rounded in everything.
 
Illuminati said:
you got a BF of 5%? sorry bro, but i highly doubt that. just b/c you are skinny, doesn't mean that you have a low BF... but if you do, then good on ya

Its close to 5, no more than 4% away. Last time it was tested it was at 7%. Since then Ive gained 5 pounds, but I have also gained muscle. I actually tried an online test and it said I was 2%, but thats a bunch of junk. I have one hell of a metabolism I guess.

I am interested in the Australian fit tests too, and how most people fare. our PFT (Physical Fitness Test) for the U.S. Marines is 100 Crunches, 20 pullups, and 3 miles (about 4.7 K) in 18 minutes. That is to get a perfect. My last score was 296 out of 300, I ran the 3 mile in 18:33 so 4 points went down there. A class 1 is 225 (meaning youre very fit), most Marines score around here.
If you dont score this, you get a BF measurement ( a crude one ), and if youre too fat you are put on a diet, exercises like hell, and tested every week for one year no matter what. Also, you cant get promoted if you are this type of person. How do you deal with it? (actually, i wanna know from the US forces as well as the Australian) I hate it when they allow slackers to slack.
 
Country(US)
Branch was AF until July 1st now Army
JOB-35M Radar Tech was 54B(3E951 IN AF)
Age 22
Height 5'8
Weight 193
BF%=Need to lose weight to get down to 169 my max weight(military)
style of training Im doing a mix of 5 and 5 and military PT
Total years training 4

There is always a free gym and the ones I've been at have any and everything you need. Very clean gyms also.And ain't nothing like seeing that full bird col. go in there and sit on the bike reading a magizine and not pedal.

CONS-Being deployed...And school I am goin to a 45 week long course where we run twice a day that will be bad for any bulking cycle I plan on getting on lol. Also during deployments gym doesnt have enuff equipment o I usually just do cardio.

I have come to realize that I'd rather be able to pick my guys up and carry them rather then be able to out run them on the PT test.As long as I pass in 15:50 or less im happy.
 
Hillsidenatiboy said:
Country(US)
Branch was AF until July 1st now Army
JOB-35M Radar Tech was 54B(3E951 IN AF)
Age 22
Height 5'8
Weight 193
BF%=Need to lose weight to get down to 169 my max weight(military)
style of training Im doing a mix of 5 and 5 and military PT
Total years training 4

There is always a free gym and the ones I've been at have any and everything you need. Very clean gyms also.And ain't nothing like seeing that full bird col. go in there and sit on the bike reading a magizine and not pedal.

CONS-Being deployed...And school I am goin to a 45 week long course where we run twice a day that will be bad for any bulking cycle I plan on getting on lol. Also during deployments gym doesnt have enuff equipment o I usually just do cardio.

I have come to realize that I'd rather be able to pick my guys up and carry them rather then be able to out run them on the PT test.As long as I pass in 15:50 or less im happy.

Awesome shit bro
why did you change to the army?
Dont put alot of stress behind being under the armies weight allowance, just focus on BF%!!!!!

and love your statement about more emphasis on picking your buddy up and moving out rather than runnin your ass off for 2 miles!
I want to meet the person that says "when I was in war I was getting shot at while I was in PT's and had to run 2 miles to get away, good thing I am good at that on my PT test!!" LMAO
Alot more common to hear "When I was in war we were under attack, and I had to run grab my buddy, throw him on my back and hump a few hundred feet to better protection, good thing I was hitting the gym!!!"

JMO though

Good luck with your goals
 
The australian military has a shitload of different fit tests, sadly, 95% of soft. The basic navy fit test for a guy my age [23] is:
25 push ups,
25 sit ups and
a 2.4 km run in 13 mins or less.
I know crippled fat bitches who could do that.
However, the clearance diving branch is by far the hardest branch of the navy and i was priveledged enough to be a part of it for a short time till a diving accident left me unable to ever dive again. The final fit test for that was:
60 push ups,
120 sit ups,
18 wide grip overhand chins,
2.4 km run in 9 mins or under and
a 500 meter fin [swimming on your back with fins on] wearing overalls in 10 mins or under. I could do all but the chins. My next challenge is the special forces entry test or barrier test as we call it. It consists of:
60 push ups
120 sit ups
10 wide grip overhand chins
2.4 km run in 12:30 or under wearing 8 kgs of webbing and carrying F88 steyer unslung
500 meter swim in DPCU's and runners and finally
a 15 km pack march with a 22 kg pack, 8 kgs of webbing and F88 steyer unslung.
I love a challenge :evil:
 
musclebosun said:
The australian military has a shitload of different fit tests, sadly, 95% of soft. The basic navy fit test for a guy my age [23] is:
25 push ups,
25 sit ups and
a 2.4 km run in 13 mins or less.
I know crippled fat bitches who could do that.
However, the clearance diving branch is by far the hardest branch of the navy and i was priveledged enough to be a part of it for a short time till a diving accident left me unable to ever dive again. The final fit test for that was:
60 push ups,
120 sit ups,
18 wide grip overhand chins,
2.4 km run in 9 mins or under and
a 500 meter fin [swimming on your back with fins on] wearing overalls in 10 mins or under. I could do all but the chins. My next challenge is the special forces entry test or barrier test as we call it. It consists of:
60 push ups
120 sit ups
10 wide grip overhand chins
2.4 km run in 12:30 or under wearing 8 kgs of webbing and carrying F88 steyer unslung
500 meter swim in DPCU's and runners and finally
a 15 km pack march with a 22 kg pack, 8 kgs of webbing and F88 steyer unslung.
I love a challenge :evil:
K for you bro, awesome shit

yea the first fit test you listed seemed about worthless, I can do that in a combine11 minutes I think
is there any type of time limit on the push ups, sit ups, chins?
The other fit tests sound pretty taxing!! awesome shit bro, keep up the good work, and I am sure you'll do great on the SF bar test

Peace
 
THE AF wasn't the branch for me. Its to many ways to get yourself in trouble as a jr troop to many sorts reports to do it sucks. Im not active duty anymore so I chose to go to the Army as soon as I got out becuase there is 1000 times more pride in being a specialist then there is in being a SrA. And the guys in the Army are much closer then in the AF.
 
Country you are serving? U.s. and middle east ,out now
Branch of service? usmc
Years in service?4
Job description? INFANTRY
Age? 24
Height/weight? 5''9 170
BF%? 13?
Its funny about working out while you are a killer. We ran,did pull ups, hiked like animals. climbed mountians. Very little weight training for myself. Only on off time and that gets in the drinkings way. Anyone planing on going in the marines as a killer and not a desk jocky dont plan on getting over 180 unless you juice and are naturaly huge.
 
Country: USA
Branch: USMC Active Duty
Years In Service: Just over 2. 23 months until I tell these mother fuckers off.
Job Description: Bulk Fuel. I'm on the Airwing now. I personally account for fuel in the tanks, but have done truck refueling, and hot refueling of jets in the pits. I used to be part of a ground unit though which is a different world all together with field ops and what not.
Age: 20
Height/Weight: 5'8", 168
BF: 12-13%

Goals: 185-190, 8%

Pros: Push myself to limits, and complete tasks more out of sheer will power, then anything else.

Cons: I work from 4pm-12am, fall asleep about 2:30-3:00am, get up at 5:15-5:30am for pt, which is usually running ungodly amount of miles just because. So the gym gets put on the back burner a lot. When I was working midnight shift I would get time to the gym, because we worked during PT hours.

In my unit if anyone fails the PFT, then they get put on remedial until they pass. If someone weighs in overweight, and the tape says their fat, they opt for the calipers or go to remedial until they meet standards. Lately though, I think this is an Airwing thing, the PFT failures just means that the ones who got first class have to run more as well. My knees will thank me when I'm 40.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom