Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long does a warrant for arrest last?

superdave said:
If I have a warrant out for something like failing to take care of a traffic ticket, how long will that continue to show up if I get pulled over in the future?
Its called a bench warrant and it never expires, Its attached to your ol number and your SS# so if you get pulled in another state the warrant will show up thru DCI and you will arrested and processed thru a magistrate.. hire a lawyer now and take care of it.

Arabian said:
Its called a bench warrant and it never expires, Its attached to your ol number and your SS# so if you get pulled in another state the warrant will show up thru DCI and you will arrested and processed thru a magistrate.. hire a lawyer now and take care of it.

Bingo!! Here is the winner.

And guess what? When you go take care of it, you are still getting arrested too. So when you go down to take care of it, just take your car down to the county pen and do it there. Or else what is going to happen is this :

You turn yourself in.

You get arrested.

You get transported to the county pen.

But your car is located back in the whereever the hell you went.

You bail out of county.

What money you have left over from paying the fee (take lots of cash) is given back to you in a CHECK.

Your ass walks out of county with a fucking check in your pocket and no way to pay for a cab so you have to hoof it back to where your car is.

AAP said:

And guess what? When you go take care of it, you are still getting arrested too. So when you go down to take care of it, just take your car down to the county pen and do it there. Or else what is going to happen is this :

You turn yourself in.

You get arrested.

You bail out of county.

What money you have left over from paying the fee (take lots of cash) is given back to you in a CHECK.

Your ass walks out of county with a fucking check in your pocket and no way to pay for a cab so you have to hoof it back to where your car is.
lol...woah

AAP said:

You turn yourself in.

You get arrested.

You bail out of county.

I had a bench warrant and it was 5 years old. I didn't get arrested. I just paid it and got the stopper removed. Was it because mine was not a moving violation? They stopped my license & registration.

caligirl said:
I had a bench warrant and it was 5 years old. I didn't get arrested. I just paid it and got the stopper removed. Was it because mine was not a moving violation? They stopped my license & registration.
A bench warrant is issued typically when you fail to appear at your court date. The judge imposes a bond and a bench warrant is issued for your arrest. If you have to many parking tickets in some cities they issue whats called a bench summons which means if you go down then and pay your parking tickets then the matter is handled... this is what I suspect occurred to you.

What he has is an arrest warrant, not a bench warrant. Two different things. Warrants In Texas by the county only pertain to that county, so you come up clean in a different county. They are only going to issue an arrest warrant for a speeding ticket, like mine. Statute of limitations is three years. I have been pulled over for speeding (surprise!) in Oregon since then and no problems. Nothing comes up in their database.

imagine when you're in a cell and everybody's bragging about what they did to get locked up. one guy says he kicked a cop in the nuts, another guy robbed a bank, another guy torched somebody's car, and then they get to you....

just get a tatto now that says MAYTAG

(iow, get it cleared up lol)

redguru said:
Next time you get pulled over for a traffic cop, you wind up behind bars. Probably at the most innopportune time, too. It's not worth waiting it out, IMHO.

I know from experience that it's the most inopportune time, and most likely you'll be speeding for something really stupid like being pissed off and some local yokle cop with a hard on will take you in.

redguru said:
Next time you get pulled over for a traffic cop, you wind up behind bars. Probably at the most innopportune time, too. It's not worth waiting it out, IMHO.
Let me tell you how bad it sucks to be standing by the highway, in the rain, at rush-hour in a business suit getting the bracelets fitted because of a stupid ticket 6 years ago. It sucks bad.

Top Bottom