Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here we go....Celtics vs Knicks playoff series

It's not like there were no calls against us. We'd been called for an illegal screen a few minutes prior.

And yeah, it was all the refs fault. Had nothing to do w/ Allen making a 24ft 3 and Melo missing a 25ft 3 immediately after. You know if Melo had made it in the last second and the Knicks would've won you wouldn't even be remembering or caring about that turnover right now.

Don't get your man panties in a twist, CW. There's 6 games (possibly) left and the game was beyond close enough that either team could take the series. I'm excited to watch it play out.

you just showed why you know very little about basketball

Ray allen made that three because KG TRIPPED toney douglas allowing ray to get open. Ray allen also fouled melo on that 3 and no call. There was a CLEAR bias. How about the little dancing big baby did earlier in the game when amare pulled the chair on him and he took like 15 steps?

The example you cited about the illegal screen wasn't even in the last two minutes of the game, so it has zero relevance. Two or three HORRIBLe call/no calls in the last 20 seconds of a playoff game are inexcusable.

you're the only one blind enough to not see that. even the mediots made light of what poor officiating was involved. there's about a billion articles on the referees in the past 2 days because how much they affected the outcome of those 3 games. NBA referees are supposed to be consistent, meaning if they call a tight game they call a tight game. if they let them play, it has to apply for both sides. that did NOT occur

take off the green goggles

Yeah? Sorry for not remembering all the details of a game that happened 2 days ago, but regardless, did I say calls weren't perhaps biased? I don't think I did. I also didn't say the Celtics did nothing wrong and I didn't say they probably didnt deserve to be called on some things. You're putting words in my mouth. I really said nothing about whether there was or was not bad officiating.

All I'm saying is shit happens. Bias exists in life, sorry basketball isn't immune but I don't care because games 3/4 are in NYC so if you don't think the reverse will happen there, you're nuts. Or at the very least, if the refs during those games are fair and your team is as great as you say, you should slaughter us.

I'm not saying I agree with it, this wasn't the only playoff game with some questionable calls or lack thereof, but that's life.

Last edited:
Yeah, Boston's great rebounding, Fields and Billups being MIA, Melo's horrendous performance in the second half, Amare getting zero touches with 2min left and Melo tossing up a ridiculous unnecessary 3 point brick with no timeouts at the end had everything to do with refs

Welcome to the NBA playoffs Knicks fans

Yeah, Boston's great rebounding, Fields and Billups being MIA, Melo's horrendous performance in the second half, Amare getting zero touches with 2min left and Melo tossing up a ridiculous unnecessary 3 point brick with no timeouts at the end had everything to do with refs

Welcome to the NBA playoffs Knicks fans

Please. Anti knick bias in effect. That factored in but you shouldn't have to play against the celtics AND the refs. When even the entire ESPN daily dime panel agrees the melo call was bs, you know it was crap. Your fields and billups points are not valid because guys like bill walker, Douglas and turiaf stepped up.

Tell nuggets fans the same thing. refs are
A joke. And I'm pretty sure you've complained about the refs in the past with your cavs.

"Anti-Knick bias in effect" then goes to say "whole ESPN panel agrees" when not long ago claiming "ESPN hates NY Knicks caters to Boston" = make up your mind and stop contradicting yourself

2011 National Televised games:

# Boston Celtics – 30
# Orlando Magic – 25
# New York Knicks - 24 (10-14)
# Los Angeles Lakers/Miami Heat – 23
# Chicago Bulls 22
# San Antonio Spurs – 22
# Dallas Mavericks/Oklahoma City Thunder – 21
# Portland Trail Blazers/Denver Nuggets – 20
# Phoenix Suns – 19
# Atlanta Hawks/Utah Jazz – 14
# Houston Rockets – 10
# Los Angeles Clippers – 9
# Washington Wizards/Milwaukee Bucks – 7
# Sacramento Kings – 6
# Phildelphia 76ers/Charlotte Bobcats – 4
# Memphis Grizzlies – 3

10 straight losing seasons, biased my ass. Shut your mouth, quit crying and have a seat

Cdub, come over to insidehoops forum, it's nothing but trolls ripping on each others teams. Shit is hilarious

No. It's saying the same thing.I don't think it was tha difficult to understand. By me pointing out they agree just goes to show even the most transparent Knick haters can acknowledge that was a crock.

A lot of that bias has to do with cablevision/ABC's ongoing dispute.

"Anti-Knick bias in effect" then goes to say "whole ESPN panel agrees" when not long ago claiming "ESPN hates NY Knicks caters to Boston" = make up your mind and stop contradicting yourself

2011 National Televised games:

# Boston Celtics – 30
# Orlando Magic – 25
# New York Knicks - 24 (10-14)
# Los Angeles Lakers/Miami Heat – 23
# Chicago Bulls 22
# San Antonio Spurs – 22
# Dallas Mavericks/Oklahoma City Thunder – 21
# Portland Trail Blazers/Denver Nuggets – 20
# Phoenix Suns – 19
# Atlanta Hawks/Utah Jazz – 14
# Houston Rockets – 10
# Los Angeles Clippers – 9
# Washington Wizards/Milwaukee Bucks – 7
# Sacramento Kings – 6
# Phildelphia 76ers/Charlotte Bobcats – 4
# Memphis Grizzlies – 3

10 straight losing seasons, biased my ass. Shut your mouth, quit crying and have a seat

Top Bottom