Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hard to believe, Ryan Leaf is retiring from football.

Longhorn85

Has the number two player taken in the draft ever turned out to be such a bomb? Heath Shuler was bad, so was Rick Mirer. How could someone so good in college turn out so bad in the Pros?

i didnt read the article, but leaf had that wrist problem.. they said it actually pops out of socket on throws... i'd quit too and enjoy my life...

look at ALL the florida and florida state qb's who put up numbers like mad then go pro and are lucky to start 10 games in their career... andre ware and david klingler both were gods in houston... it's a hit or miss with qb's.

3Vandoo said:
Everyone remember Charlie Ward at FSU?

What about him? The guy chose basketball over football. Probably a smart move in his case.

What about Drew Henson? That guy isn't going anywhere in baseball. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the same route that Wienke went.

madbomber31 said:
i didnt read the article, but leaf had that wrist problem.. they said it actually pops out of socket on throws... i'd quit too and enjoy my life...

look at ALL the florida and florida state qb's who put up numbers like mad then go pro and are lucky to start 10 games in their career... andre ware and david klingler both were gods in houston... it's a hit or miss with qb's.

I hope Harrington and McMahon don't wind up like Ware and Rodney Pete. Detroit has no luck with QB's. I don't like the Lions, but Harrington and McMahon are solid QB's and I like both of them.

Speaking of Florida, is Spurrier on crack? Shane Mathews and Danny Wuerffel...... LOL!

It is all about the offense they get put in when they get to the pro's. If he is not used to being a drop back quarterback and making the deep throws, chances are it will take a while for him to adjust, if ever.

Plus a lot of college quarterbacks throw side-armed or 3/4 armed, and you can't do that in the NFL.

Top Bottom