Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hanoi Jane speaks out at rally

mountain muscle said:
One other thing Ender,

While you're linking red cross bs. Did any of them make millions in the us, as us citizens, and photograph themselves on enemy warcraft in their uniforms, for the benefit of the enemy, thousands of miles from their homeland?
Other than for entertainment, how does her being photographed in a uniform help them?

redguru said:
The Red Cross/Red Crescent is recognized by treaty (the Geneva Conventions) to which we are a signatory, constitutionally we couldn't.
Okay...good point.

Going to this site:
http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/html/genevaconventions

I read:
The Geneva Conventions and their Additional Protocols are part of international humanitarian law – a whole system of legal safeguards that cover the way wars may be fought and the protection of individuals.

They specifically protect people who do not take part in the fighting (civilians, medics, chaplains, aid workers) and those who can no longer fight (wounded, sick and shipwrecked troops, prisoners of war).

This suggests that if we hang her, then we are in violation of the Geneva Convention?

EnderJE said:
Okay...good point.

Going to this site:
http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/html/genevaconventions

I read:
The Geneva Conventions and their Additional Protocols are part of international humanitarian law – a whole system of legal safeguards that cover the way wars may be fought and the protection of individuals.

They specifically protect people who do not take part in the fighting (civilians, medics, chaplains, aid workers) and those who can no longer fight (wounded, sick and shipwrecked troops, prisoners of war).

This suggests that if we hang her, then we are in violation of the Geneva Convention?

You will also see there are stipulations for spies and covert agents.

EnderJE said:
Ah, now you've missed the point. At least be consistent.

You've stated how treason is defined (albeit slightly loosely). I got that. Given the definition that you've provided, I agree that she should be tried and hung. I asked about others. You asked for links and I found some. What's the problem?

All I'm saying is that there were others. If you hang one, then you must hang them all, shouldn't you?

I don't care about the specifics of what she did over the others because they all fall within the definition of treason that you provided. What's the problem?

Like I said, I'm agreeing with you. I'm just saying that we shouldn't stop there.

Now if you wanted to hang her for making shitty movies, then fine.

Not my definition of treason. The constitution. <however loosely you wish to see it>
Now you are implying that the constitution extends beyond our borders. You choose to include international organizations.
How am I being inconsistant? I am talking about a single citizen and keeping with the thread. You are being inconsistant.
As such, with you agreeing she should be punished, I consider the the thread resolved.
If you wish to argue about the Constitutional definition of treason extending outside of the USA, I fear you may have a lonely thread.

redguru said:
You will also see there are stipulations for spies and covert agents.
True, but I didn't realize that she gave intelligence or was considered a spy. If we consider her a spy, then sure. Hang away.

I saw her as a third rate movie actress who was trying to make a statement.

EnderJE said:
True, but I didn't realize that she gave intelligence or was considered a spy. If we consider her a spy, then sure. Hang away.

I saw her as a third rate movie actress who was trying to make a statement.

Gotmilk described instances where is has been alleged she gave intelligence about forward base locations to the NVA.

mightymouse69 said:
I would call the possible deaths of US soldiers worse than torture. We just differ in opinions, I hope she protects you well in the future.

You can call it worse even though you claim it is only possible, but you cannot claim I am wrong in saying Vietnam has nothing to do with Iraq. First you quote me as saying, "I don't get what this has to do with Iraq. Isn't it the US that constantly gets caught torturing Iraqis? It's not like the situation in Vietnam where people somehow managed to blame Fonda for American POW torture through a bizzare series of twisted logical steps." When I defend the relevant context of my position you reinvent the past, and claim you quoted and focus only on the single detail of how it differs " I don't get what this has to do with Iraq. Isn't it the US that constantly gets caught torturing Iraqis?" You are missing the relative context of the argument, "I do not get what this has to do with Iraq." You chose to focus on, "... Isn't it the US that constantly gets caught torturing Iraqis?" Then when I defend that, you backpedal and try to deflect from that argument and state, "I would call the possible deaths of US soldiers worse than torture. We just differ in opinions, I hope she protects you well in the future." in a weak attempt to attribute unpopular thoughts to me which are not in evidence. You can call it worse, but you also admit it only possible that she is guilty of American deaths, but never debate the most relevant idea, "What does this have to do with Iraq?" I stated previously that I thought Fonda was grossly stupid in her actions during Vietnam. I never defended anything Fonda does or did, nor do I look at her as my defender. What I do say is this, "How does Fonda's actions in Vietnam have any bearing on the veracity of her statements regarding Iraq."

mountain muscle said:
Not my definition of treason. The constitution. <however loosely you wish to see it>
Now you are implying that the constitution extends beyond our borders. You choose to include international organizations.
How am I being inconsistant? I am talking about a single citizen and keeping with the thread. You are being inconsistant.
As such, with you agreeing she should be punished, I consider the the thread resolved.
If you wish to argue about the Constitutional definition of treason extending outside of the USA, I fear you may have a lonely thread.
As you wish, hang away.

Me, I would of hung her for the "Mother In Law" piece of crap movie that I had to sit through because I forgot one of those special dates and had to make it up to someone.

Her, JLo, anyone involved in that movie should be hung.

redguru said:
Gotmilk described instances where is has been alleged she gave intelligence about forward base locations to the NVA.
Works for me.

I'd still hang her for her movies.

Top Bottom