Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Rules - Shirtless in the gym

No shirt no workout at my gym. To top that off we get a clean towel on our we in at the rececption, everytime that we go in and have to put at the laundry box when we leave. BTW shirtless skinny dude at the gym... someone had to talk to him. Its gross.

i saw a dude lift weights shirtless once. and i saw another dude do cardio shirtless once.

My guess is that its not allowed, but maybe the staff just didnt care that day.
I honestly dont think that shirtless would be a bad thing. It would prevent nipple chaffage while doing cardio and thats a good thing. Plus the chicks get to scope out your chest and abs, I mean heck they shouldnt complain either. ;)

about the disinfectant wipe down at the end of cardio, i think that is just stupid. you are going to need more than a bottle of some 'cleaning solution' in order to prevent disease, you need to wash your hands after you work out.
therefore I refuse to wipe down machines because its a waste of time.

plus wiping the machines seems like some kind of new fad now or something. It doesnt some like this was that big a deal a few years ago, and now gyms are obsessed about it.

havoc said:
Topless usually applies to women sir, Shirtless would of been more appropriate because I would not of looked at this thread, thanks.

NON-PLATINUM MEMBER
i was whiped out and ready.

gab9681 said:
It's just the right thing to do, kinda like putting the damn plates back on the racks after you are done with them. God I hate it when the squids leave them laying around.

There's this kid with an afro (white kid...I think he's Italian - def. not American) at my gym who NEVER puts a fucking weight away! I have seen him working out in an area with dumbbells and barbells...I come by again and he is gone but the weights are still there. The last time I kept an eye on the area to see if he ever came back and he never did. He leaves shit laying around all the time and the next time I actually SEE him do it I'm going to educate him on gym etiquette.

fyxgel2 said:
about the disinfectant wipe down at the end of cardio, i think that is just stupid. you are going to need more than a bottle of some 'cleaning solution' in order to prevent disease, you need to wash your hands after you work out.

plus wiping the machines seems like some kind of new fad now or something. It doesnt some like this was that big a deal a few years ago, and now gyms are obsessed about it.

there are many "solutions" out there that will kill all kinds of bacteria and viruses...bleach is one cheap and simple alternative.
I agree about washing your hands before you leave the gym too. Although you should wash your hands vigorously for 15 seconds with soap and hot water to make sure to destroy the germs...don't forget to get between your fingers and the tops of your hands too.
AIDS wasnt a big deal "a few years ago" (about 20-25), and now people are obsessed with that too. Things change...wiping down equipment is a good idea...I wish my gym left bottles of disenfectant laying around.

ceo said:
There's this kid with an afro (white kid...I think he's Italian - def. not American) at my gym who NEVER puts a fucking weight away! I have seen him working out in an area with dumbbells and barbells...I come by again and he is gone but the weights are still there. The last time I kept an eye on the area to see if he ever came back and he never did. He leaves shit laying around all the time and the next time I actually SEE him do it I'm going to educate him on gym etiquette.

Unfortunately sometimes some people do need to be educated. I have been suspended from gym for a week once for trying to educate an asshole for hogging on all the equipment around him and acting like a jerk. BTW i think everyone in the gym should have a towel to place on the machine before they start using em. U don't have to wipe if u think wiping has become a fad and it may not be as effective as mentioned.

Wiping machines is a new fad? Thats bollox. Apart from anything else, if you are lifting decent weight you need to use good form. Whilst you are slipping and sliding in somebody elses bodily fluids you can maintain good form.

The point of killing the bacteria is also about preventing the sweat from smelling (bacteria make sweat smell)........and to stop them eating into the material on machines. Sweat can screw up pad coverings really quickly.

BTW if you refused to wipe a machine in my gym somebody would prob wipe the machine down for you.........using your face as a towel. Its good manners.......nothing more.

fyxgel2 said:

and he does not take the sunglasses off, ever.

I started doing this at my new gym. I just want to get into a zone and get my workout done. Fuck interuptions.

And that would included ass clowns who dont wear shirts and sweat up the equipment and dont rerack their weights.

Top Bottom