Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fuck kobe

• Thread starter Thread starter Swiftme
  • Start date Start date
bluepeter said:
Stats comparison at age 25:

Jordan - 35ppg, 5.5rpg, 5.9apg, 3.16 steals, 1.6 blocks and shot nearly 54% from the floor

Bryant - 24 ppg, 5.5rpg, 5.1apg, 1.72 steals, 0.43 blocks and shot 44%

and Jordan was playing with a bunch of stiffs, not Shaquille O'Neal.

not to mention that jordan actually had a presence among his teammates.. was able to bring out the best in them.. sure they might not have gotten along with him or liked him all the times, but they definitely respected him. i don't think any of lakers hold any where near such respect for kobe.. nor will they actually work FOR him.

nugga said:
not to mention that jordan actually had a presence among his teammates.. was able to bring out the best in them.. sure they might not have gotten along with him or liked him all the times, but they definitely respected him. i don't think any of lakers hold any where near such respect for kobe.. nor will they actually work FOR him.

and Jordan's stats with a bunch of no names in Washington at age 40 are comparable to Bryant's stats this year with the Lakers at age 25. pppffttt

I HEARD THAT!!!!!!!!! JORDAN - LIKE NO OTHER!
I'm just glad that I was able to witness it all - b/c we watched a LEGEND... a true athlete w/ so much heart! One of the best athletes of all time!

bluepeter said:
Stats comparison at age 25:

Jordan - 35ppg, 5.5rpg, 5.9apg, 3.16 steals, 1.6 blocks and shot nearly 54% from the floor

Bryant - 24 ppg, 5.5rpg, 5.1apg, 1.72 steals, 0.43 blocks and shot 44%

and Jordan was playing with a bunch of stiffs, not Shaquille O'Neal.

Do you think the presence of the 'stiffs' just MIGHT....maybe...a little bit....be the reason Jordan took more shots and scored more points?

As far as a presence among teammates....I guess it depends what you call a 'presence'. Both of them get the ball late in the game and take/make the big shots, so they have that "presence".

When Jordan was 25, he was more Tracy McGrady than Kobe...lots of shots, lots of points, lots of highlights...

MattTheSkywalker said:
Do you think the presence of the 'stiffs' just MIGHT....maybe...a little bit....be the reason Jordan took more shots and scored more points?

As far as a presence among teammates....I guess it depends what you call a 'presence'. Both of them get the ball late in the game and take/make the big shots, so they have that "presence".

When Jordan was 25, he was more Tracy McGrady than Kobe...lots of shots, lots of points, lots of highlights...

Fair enough Matt but if you want to talk more shots, notice the shooting percentage? Kobe shot 44% and gets more open looks than any other upper echelon player in the league due to Shaq's presence. Jordan shot 54% while being triple teamed.

As for Kobe taking and making big clutch shots, yes he made the one last night but he's shooting 14% from 3 in the fourth quarter during the playoffs and he clanged several last night before his prayer went in. That ain't clutch.

Damn, I just looked at Jordan's career stats. I had forgotten just how damn good he was. He shot nearly 50% over his whole career while averaging 30.1 points.

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
Damn, I just looked at Jordan's career stats. I had forgotten just how damn good he was. He shot nearly 50% over his whole career while averaging 30.1 points.

Agreed...MJ is the best ever. On top of that, a multi-award winner of the defensive player of the year too.

Kobe can be better. It depends if he has the heart. he has the tools though.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Kobe can be better. It depends if he has the heart. he has the tools though.

he does have the talent... but I think the heart (and leadership skills working with teammates) are lacking...

I just can't stand the sports guys on his jock about "what a transcended player he is" and crap like that... why don't they just say they want the lakers to win?

Kobe is a truly amazing player. Some players are good and even great, but damn, Kobe is really amazing sometimes. I definitely agree with the MJ comparisons, while he does have to do it his entire career for them to be valid. But as for now, and more like as for the past few years, Kobe is THE best player in the league. If you argue with that you really don't watch the game. Tim Duncan is very very good, but he still isn't on Kobe's level. No on in the league is. This guy does it on both ends of the floor, in many categories, is as clutch as it gets, and throughout all of the Laker playoff runs has played HUGE in key/late situations. An awesome player. Don't hate him, enjoy watching him play. I sure do. I just wish he was on my team.

Top Bottom