Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FOOTBALL.. the eagles can either SHOW it or be a huge ? going into the playoffs.

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
M

madbomber31

only way they dont go is if they lose out.. and if they are gonna do that then i dont want them going anyway.

the niners game is a big step in showing the rest of the league that they are a contender... if for some reason they get blown out then they will be in big trouble heading into the playoffs... unless of course they rebound to win the final two against the gnats and bucs... but those two teams are no longer part of the elite in the nfl...

basically, this week will show us where my guys are as of right now... unless they do that let down bullshit, then they will have me angry and confused too.

Don't you find that even when they win it's just the other team dropping passes or playing bad?

ie: Giants, KC, Chargers even last week. If Wash. would have kept running the ball the eagles would have been destroyed. 8 times within the 20 and they got like 6 points. They were lucky. This week is different. Big game man. San fran has explosive ability and with the 2nd ranked offense it will be tough. Only thing is Garcia is going to play hurt and you know what the green machine does to wounded quarterbacks.....BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ!!!

DAWKINS IS AWESOME....THE GUY IS REALLY TURNING IT ON!!!

i agree they win ugly.. but i dont see anyone getting unlucky breaks... example.. when LT fumbled it was cuz he saw dawkins coming up about to plant his ass and he started to try and make a move and just hit the ball on his knee... its what the eagles do that causes other teams to make the mistakes... then if the other team is in the red zone they settle for 3 cuz that d is everywhere.

dawkins has been turning it on for 4 years now... last year was bullshit and the only reason he didnt get more credit was his apendix surgery.

the surprise to me is bobby taylor... i used to get worried anytime he was in coverage on a man.. he would get way too many penalties.. this year, its like... go for it fuckers...

when other teams move the ball its cuz the eagles are playing subpar, not cuz they are doing anything special...
but i wanna see what they got against a complete team like SF... garcia, owens, barlow and hearst....

my biggest concern going into the playoffs is the offense... if they can get 20 they will dominate every game...

the main problem the eagles face is a problem most every team in the nfl suffers from. On any given day you can lose. That leaves little margin for error. There have been more upsets this year than there have in a long time. It should be a very interesting playoffs indeed. I think the Eagles need to play a better game than they did against the redskins if they want to beat the niners.

i agree.. the eagles are going to be forced to play at a playoff level... something they rarely do... they remind me of the fab five team of the michigan wolverines.. they would play JUST GOOD ENOUGH to win...

mcnabb bugs me at times... dont get me wrong.. i pray to him at night, he is my lord and savior, but he isnt michael jordan.. he cannot just turn it on and score 40 when he feels like it.. he needs to go all out every series come january or else its done.

madbomber31 said:
mcnabb bugs me at times... dont get me wrong.. i pray to him at night, he is my lord and savior, but he isnt michael jordan.. he cannot just turn it on and score 40 when he feels like it.. he needs to go all out every series come january or else its done.

as an objective fan, let me first say that McNabb is still maturing as a QB. The true great ones took time before they reached immortal status (except for marino). 2nd, and I'll say it again, he isn't getting too much help in the WR position. The jury is still out on the young core of WR's they have (except for James Thrash, a good 3rd WR IMO). Until he gets a pro bowl calibre WR he's going to have his work cut out for him. He also needs to have solid running game which he has.

McNabb needs to utilize his running ability. From what I've read he himself is the one who stops himself from running. Look at Kordell Stewart this season. Once he realized that running is a part of his game, the passing game all of a sudden has opened up for him. Forcing the defense to play spy means that there is one less defensive player that can cover the pass.

McNabb can't carry a team, but with the right role players, he can lead them to greatness. Which sucks for me because I follow the skins. He better make sure he never has a head on collision with Lavar Arrington, because he'll shorten his career if that happens.

The Eagles are much improved, but still quite young. I don't think this is their year. I think the Rams are headed to victory.

If the Eagles keep their team together and get a couple of good draft picks they'll get it in a couple of years though.

They need to tighten up there rush defense on the road. If they can do that, they can make a strong run at it this year.

That is a big game for both teams. The 49ers and Eagles. The Eagles offense just hasn't quite jelled yet. Duce Staley ahsn't quite gotten back to the form he was before his injuries. McNabb is still learning. Their defense is top notch and can stop most teams and contain almost all of them. They would have to jump on a team early and ride there defense the rest of the way once they get into the playoffs. If they have to play from behind, It will be an uphill battle that I don't think they're young offense will be able to win. As for the 49ers, if they can round the ball effectively, they are really hard to stop. They're defense has really played well this year, a lot better than I expected. Both of these teams, along with a few others, all have a shot. Out of the 49ers, Bears, Eagles, Packers, Saints, and Bucs ?, none of them are that much better than the others. As for the Rams, they are the best team, without a doubt, but they turn the ball over a lot, and can beat themselves on any day. If the Packers have homefiled advantage during the first 2 rounds, I see them making it to the NFC championship game against the Rams. The Bears have been the most consistant aside from the Rams, but I'd have to see them beat the Packers in the playoffs to believe it...

He's hurt but he's going to play no matter what. Garcia is a team player. No matter what happens he will play because they have not clinched a playoff spot yet. I agree with the statement on McNabb. He is streaky and he is reluctant to run at times. What really gets me is when they just don't click at all. McNabb either throws a screen pass at the receivers feet or 2 yards short or the receiver drops the freaking ball. Truly, i think Pinkston is not up for the job. They need to give the ball to Mitchell alot more especially now so they can have a go to receiver come playoff time. They are working him in slowly but too slowly i believe.

Top Bottom