Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Focusing on bench

Nate12333

Hey I really want to start putting more emphasis on my bench.. I was thinking for the next few weeks I would do 3 bench workouts with varying rep ranges.. Within probably 7-8 days. Prior to this I was doing 3x5 with 245 sometimes missing the last rep on the last set..

My workout schedule was:

Sunday: chest/Tris
Monday: back/bis
Tues: shoulders
Weds: legs
Thurs: chest/bis
Fri: back/bis
Sat: off

Currently I changed my workouts up a bit because of lack of equipment and not having to access to my ideal diet.. Where i am living now. I wasn't recovering from workout to workout even though I cut back on volume.. However now I feel I have adjusted and when I feel I'm not fully recovered I just add a rest day.

I'm looking to do something like this over the course of the next few weeks.

Sunday: chest with tris or shoulders
6-8 rep range. Haven't decided on number of sets.. Between 1 and 3.

Monday: rest

Tues: chest with Tris or shoulders.. High rep 3 sets of 30 for bench

Weds: back bi's and legs

Thurs: rest

Fri: chest and Tris or shoulders. 3x3

Sat: rest

NOTE:

I may add an extra rest day here or there depending on feel, which would reset my workout on say Tuesday instead of Monday.

ALSO NOTE:

My volume is relatively low per workout since I moved.. Now normally I may do two or three additional exercises per workout.

Hey nate, your new workout looks pretty solid for your goal. And you're taking two full days (or more) off of doing chest each week, so you should definitely see some nice bench gains as long as you're sleeping enough and eating a good number of calories.

Yeah I mean I don't like not getting a lot of time for my back or sharing the day with legs for that matter.. But I really want that 6 wheel bench press and I think thoughs added rest days and taking advantage of every rep range over the next few weeks will give me some decent if not good results results.

Top Bottom