Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Emmitt Smith

madbomber31 said:
wodin, i hear if you wear a cowboys jersey to a game and you go to the bathroom you are basically asking to be beaten silly...

i've only been to one game at the vet, vs. the broncos... the guy i went with was so intimidated that he kept his jacket on over the broncos jersey :) what a pussy.

That is very true MB, although with the court now in the stadium I can't make my mind up which is more entertaining.

Eddie George:

Since 1997, no one has rushed for more yards in the NFL than George, and he ranks behind only Earl Campbell for most yards rushing through the first five seasons by a Heisman winner. Only Eric Dickerson has more consecutive seasons (seven) of at least 1,200 yards rushing than George (five).

Eddie will own the rushing yardage record by time he retires.

Last edited:
Sweetness could do it all. Records or not, he's the best in my opinion. Barry Sanders was awesome too. I think he's a prick for being so modest about his achievements though. He should've had some balls and spoke up once in awhile. I don't care for Emmitt. He's not even on my top 10 list of running backs.

Too much bs talk about backs!

There have been a number of backs with the ability to set or break records...the main reason most of them don't is because they don't last taking those hits.....Earl took too many hits......E James will take more also....he's young now.....wait about 3 more years....when he becomes a marked man.....(see Terrell Davis) since Davis hit that 2000 mark....he has been banged up and hurt.....same thing happened to Eric Dickerson when he set the record 2,105.....he could have broken Payton's record too. if he had stayed with the Rams......It will be difficult for any back to break that record other than Sanders (if he comes back) and since records and yards mean nothing to him...he has never gave a shit about yards or records. He just wanted to win. Emmitt will probably break it because he runs the same way....(he was never fast....so hasn't lost a step...) and his line is still pretty good. It will be much harder though without a good qb in front of him.....but he is still a hoss....definitely a top 5 of all time backs

Sanders and Brown are botjh quiters. Sanders is a bitch. He quit playing football because he didn't like his team or coach. He thought they could not win w/o him, but the next year they did win w/o him. How Ironic.

Emmit has class and loyalty, which are 2 qualities missing these days.

Sanders and Brown are botjh quiters. Sanders is a bitch. He quit playing football because he didn't like his team or coach. He thought they could not win w/o him, but the next year they did win w/o him. How Ironic.

I don't understand how you could call sanders a bitch. Put yourself in his position- You come to work everyday, put in all the extra effort, do more than what's expected of you, have a clear shot at becoming the greatest running back of all time, and consistently have 8-8 seasons. The closest he ever got to the super bowl was I THINK in 92' when they got spanked by the cowboys in the nfc championship. maybe im wrong though. It'd get a little old after a while. The lions have always been a mediocre organization since the 50's. In the 90's they hardly did anything to improve their team. they never made dramatic changes in either off or defense. As much as i hate to say it, throughout the 90's and 00' 01' the lions consistently beat the teams they aren't expected to, and lose to the ones they are supposed to beat. this year is the only year i can think of that's been a big change for them. They changed their president, coach, off coordinators, pretty much everythign. hell, even the strength and conditioning coach got fired. They installed the WCO and are going for a new look this year. This is a year barry would have liked to been around, he didn't forsee any changes within the organization though, so he left. I don't blame him. barry never got caught up in all the hoopla of scoring a td or anything like that. To some people winning matters more than setting a few records.

I don't think Sanders and Smith are even in the same league. If Sanders would have had the OL line that Emmitt had, he would have had the record b4 he retired.

I am so surprised no one mentioned Eddie George, the dude is awesome! I'd take him over the Edge or Fred Taylor anyday.

Top Bottom