Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Emmitt Smith

E Smith has done some great things with the ball, and even if he gets the record I wouldn't ever Compare him to Earl Campbell as far as being better....He just simply played longer

Earl Campbell only played 7 years...think about that, how many has each of those men who finished in the top 10 all time play and consider the fact Campbell got there in 7 years. His last 2 were injury seasons with the Saints

He was Rookie of the year and NFL rushing leader in the same year. THe oilers were nothing without him. Cause Dan Pastarini wasn't going to be throwing for as many touchdowns...He out rushed backs like OJ, Franco Harris, Tony Dorsett, I find that impressive as hell for a rookie....I think he also made his Heisman Victory a bit more stout then Ricky Williams did.

As for why he only played 7 seasons in the leage I would take into account that he Never had a Fullback blocking for him, his line with houston was ok but not Great compared to E. Smith has had with Dallas....But Man you look at some of the Greatest hits in the NFL and Earl Campbell has made a few of them. His Avg rushes per game throughout his time was over 35 carries. I think it was the 80 season where he had 50 carries against the Steelers.

I've never seen someone other then him that could carry 3 or 4 guys for another 3-5yds. The power he ran with is something I haven't seen either.

I think if he would have played 10-15 years like alot of those guys have he would have set the rushing Record.

i HATE emmitt for obvious reasons...

1. eagles
2. barry

i hate the lions more for the barry fiasco, and i am not too fond of barry's papa.. football around here without sanders is still boring, i used to watch eagles games and i would have the lions on "call back" mode so between plays i would flip to see if the lions had the ball.. that was the ONLY way i watched the lions.. on offense, with barry.. now, the lions are a latenight highlight and that is all...

i also believe barry's dad and his love for jim brown caused barry to NOT want to break the record.. it was a given that he would be the all time rushing leader and since he didnt get hit like emmitt and had a year on him in the league, barry would be the one at the top when all was said and done...

jim brown pulled that early retirement bullshit too, another thing that confuses me... did barry want to do the same thing? maybe he got hurt and nobody knew about it... who knows.. maybe he wants emmitt to get the record, retire, and then barry come back at 34 and take the record (hehe, i can dream).

barry sanders was the most exciting player in football history.. randy moss is becoming that guy as of now, people watch JUST to see what he did/does.

There also the theory that Barry didn't want to break the record while Payton was alive and sick, but he still hasn't come back since his passing, but who knows. All I know is he isn't playing and football isn't quite as exciting. HeHe, did Emmitt do a number on the Eagles over the years or what?

Thick dog said:
There also the theory that Barry didn't want to break the record while Payton was alive and sick, but he still hasn't come back since his passing, but who knows. All I know is he isn't playing and football isn't quite as exciting. HeHe, did Emmitt do a number on the Eagles over the years or what?

I live in Eagle/Skins/Ravens country...just mention Emmitt Smith and ten people want to kick your ass. It's too funny. I love going to Eagles games, sitting in the upper deck and yelling "EMMITT!!!!" . I have too buddies I go with who just crack up laughing because it gets alot drunks fired up.

wodin, i hear if you wear a cowboys jersey to a game and you go to the bathroom you are basically asking to be beaten silly...

i've only been to one game at the vet, vs. the broncos... the guy i went with was so intimidated that he kept his jacket on over the broncos jersey :) what a pussy.

barring an injury or something else, edgerrin will slash the record books with the types of seasons he has put up so far. Plus there are many more great runners now then in the past.

well I love emmit smith and the cowboys, but not their performances lately, you know I was thinking about this the other day and you know what he will break it, but I thought it would be classy if he just tied it and left him and walter at top tied to give walter his justice, but that is not gonna happen since emmit has about 5 years left in his gas tank.

Top Bottom