Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doctor vs. "Health Care Crisis"

*edit* additional comments he wrote in to a paper after receiving criticism for what he said above-

America is Still the Land of Opportunity - For Everyone
Starner Jones, M.D.
Jackson, MS
January 11, 2010

I continue to receive numerous phone calls, letters, emails and face-to-face comments about my letter ("Why Pay For the Care of the Careless") which appeared in your newspaper a few months ago.

Most people express highest approval for the opinion set forth. Indeed, the truth has an illuminating quality all its own.

However, a few have disagreed and all of them falsely assume that a person who holds the views which I espouse must have been raised in a privileged home. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I grew up in a lower middle class, single parent home in the rural hill country of Pontotoc, Mississippi. While attending public schools, I paid attention in class and did my homework. I ran with the right crowd and stayed out of trouble. My dedication in school resulted in a full-paid scholarship to the prestigious University of the South in Sewanee, TN. After college, I left to go to medical school with everything I owned in three bags. The rest is history.

Motivation, not entitlement, is the key to personal success and happiness in life.

As best I can tell, Dr. Jones has made no further public statements on the matter.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/government/a/Dr-Roger-Starner-Jones-MD.htm

Absolutely, but there is always going to be a standard deviation of people who are assholes and want to lazy around while the rest of the people work. What do we do about those people? Kill them? Let them starve? Kick them out?

They reap what they sow. At the very least they need to understand that they can't expect anyone else to be responsible for their bs.

They reap what they sow. At the very least they need to understand that they can't expect anyone else to be responsible for their bs.
So than you're saying that we should "do nothing"?

For the record, I have no problem doing nothing. Life is cheap. Especially in other countries.

You can also look at this way, when you watch an intervention of an addict and the family decides to cut their loved one off and the addict has hit rock bottom. it usually forces them to change or get into rehab. Maybe a non-compliant person should be turned away time and again until they realize they need to "wake up and smell the hummus"

Of course, this doesn't apply in dire situations, but in general. You smoke, sorry, we cannot treat you BUT will way for "non smoking aids" etc.
You're obese, sorry, can't help you, but can send you to therapy for your addictions

This sort of thing

People would be more healthy if there were NO Health insurance. Why? Because they would think twice before doing stupid things to hurt themselves and carelessly get sick, and more importantly, they would get the proper care immediately when paying cash. I'd be dead if I had even the best health insurance. No insurance out there, covers my hypoaldosteronism, or my heart problem. At least not 'til the aorta would rupture, and then it's too late.

Charles

You can also look at this way, when you watch an intervention of an addict and the family decides to cut their loved one off and the addict has hit rock bottom. it usually forces them to change or get into rehab. Maybe a non-compliant person should be turned away time and again until they realize they need to "wake up and smell the hummus"

Of course, this doesn't apply in dire situations, but in general. You smoke, sorry, we cannot treat you BUT will way for "non smoking aids" etc.
You're obese, sorry, can't help you, but can send you to therapy for your addictions

This sort of thing
I have a friend who is a social worker who tells me that the situation sometimes goes the other way and the person continues the descent / dies.

As long as we're okay with that, then there's no issue.

Again, I'm okay with it but I just want to be sure that people understand what they could be saying. The same thing goes for war.

Most are positive while some may be viewed as negative. It’s still interesting to see what lessons people have come up with at different ages.

White people have all the popular video vane and sound system shit but cant work either if it makes you feel better

Top Bottom