Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dedicated newbie looking for input

Sorry guys for no updates for a week - still training every day, but today was last weight session until after my challenge on the 10th. Was advised to rest up and carb up for at least 2 weeks before the event, so the best I can give is giving it a week and half off the weights and a few days off the cardio prior to the challenge. I can't manage 2 whole weeks! Shucks I have to take enough time off when the kiddies get ill - never mind having to take it off when everyone's well!!

Anyway I've been in an absolute fowl mood all week and just wasn't in the mood for posting - reason.... I got on the bloody body fat % machine!! Tears of frustration were shed in private let me tell you. It's barely moved from when I started out in March!! 30+ lbs gone, 30+inches gone, 3 and a bit dress sizes and it's still:

34.2% upper body
37.0% lower body

Aaaargh, nuff said!

Sorry guys for no updates for a week - still training every day, but today was last weight session until after my challenge on the 10th. Was advised to rest up and carb up for at least 2 weeks before the event, so the best I can give is giving it a week and half off the weights and a few days off the cardio prior to the challenge. I can't manage 2 whole weeks! Shucks I have to take enough time off when the kiddies get ill - never mind having to take it off when everyone's well!!

Anyway I've been in an absolute fowl mood all week and just wasn't in the mood for posting - reason.... I got on the bloody body fat % machine!! Tears of frustration were shed in private let me tell you. It's barely moved from when I started out in March!! 30+ lbs gone, 30+inches gone, 3 and a bit dress sizes and it's still:

34.2% upper body
37.0% lower body

Aaaargh, nuff said!
Hi Yorky i wondered were you got too! i think your callipers are incorrect hun all the weight you've lost you couldnt possibly be same as before .
maybe you could get a pro to do your bf just to check.
anyway good look with your mission lol your hardcore doing that lol i couldn't hack it!
and ps make the most of the carbs lol because my body is crying out for carbs its killing me lol:mix::mix::mix:

Hey Donna,

It's also been a crazy busy week due to my little girl (4) starting school next Monday! Making me feel old when I'd just started to feel younger again due to changing my appearance!! Shoes, uniform, gym kit, haircut etc. etc. It's been a bit manic!

It was the electronic scales at the gym I used, and the hand held machine for upper body. They don't do calipers there, otherwise I would have had them do that too.

Can't dwell on it though - I'll get where I want to be one day. Just temporarily feeling low!

Starting to get a tad nervous now about the 'mission' - 40 % fail rate!! But I've raised over £500 for my charity so I'm pleased with that.

I won't tell you about all the carbs I scoff then - don't want to send you over the edge hun!

Yorgy that electronic crap is notorious for being incorrect. The cheapest and easiest way is to buy yourself an AccuMeasure. Google it. But like I said that electronic is total bulshit. Odd that someone told you to carb up for 2 weeks? Dam gurl pro marathoners only do it for a day max......
Yorgy darlin, when you get advice always check it out here. We really do have your best interest at heart. Not gonna just blow some noise at you. The thing is when you stop cardio you instantly begin to loose the cardio vascular benefit from doing it. So to stop it for 2 weeks before you do your climbs is kinda taking lots of steps backwards. But its a lesson that you wont forget.....
Would have much preferred to see you just stop your workout 2 or 3 days prior to your excursion and just keep doing the cardio. IMO you would be further ahead.
But on your climbs take carb rich snacks with you. Nuts and M&Ms mixed together is a gr8 one. You could even put your fav cold cereal in with that to increase your carbs. You make this up at home and take it with you. Then just snack on it as you feel hungry. Chew the hell out of it before you swallow and then you have pretty fast absorbsion from your stomach.

Oh Zed am I ever glad that I posted that today's workout was my last training then - it won't be now then! I'll keep going. thanks bro.
Really interesting about the carbing up too - the company running these events take people all over the world - everest, mont blanc, kilamanjaro etc so you'd really think they know their stuff! Don't worry - I wasn't gonna go mad with it anyway, and still keep it clean, just a bit more sweet potato/rice than normal!

I will check out that Accumeasure you mention cos I never wanna step on those damn electronic scales again haha!

Hey Donna,

It's also been a crazy busy week due to my little girl (4) starting school next Monday! Making me feel old when I'd just started to feel younger again due to changing my appearance!! Shoes, uniform, gym kit, haircut etc. etc. It's been a bit manic!

It was the electronic scales at the gym I used, and the hand held machine for upper body. They don't do calipers there, otherwise I would have had them do that too.

Can't dwell on it though - I'll get where I want to be one day. Just temporarily feeling low!

Starting to get a tad nervous now about the 'mission' - 40 % fail rate!! But I've raised over £500 for my charity so I'm pleased with that.

I won't tell you about all the carbs I scoff then - don't want to send you over the edge hun!

Ah bless her you must be so proud getting her ready for her first day at school .
Don't quote me on this but I'm sure I read that they are always wrong if it's like the scales were you put in your age and gender and it comes up after weighing you I was told they were useless. If you have any personal trainers at your gym usually you can pay them to do it.
Anyway either way don't loose faith Hun you came so far now!
£500 WOW! Thats great news Em well done nerves will be normal at this stage Hun but you will be fine you have great determination that's enough to drive you up them mountains lol.
Lol yeah I'd die for a good old all you can eat day lmao .
The hardest part is giving up my favourAte foods I love food me but it will be worth it in the end!

Hope your little girl really enjoys going to school bless her!

I think that they gear the advice for the typical office type yorgy. But that is not you! You are a trained body so for you its different. Like I said the most important thing is to take your fuel with you so you dont deplete on the way. Here we call that mixture I gave you trail mix.
You can put just about anything into it that you like and is mostly carbs, some fat and a dab of protein.
Your fav nuts, dried fruit and raisens and then add broken up pretzels. There you go you just made another one!
But whatever you mix up be sure and chew it up to a pulp. That way faster break down in your stomach.
Another one but different,
Natty penut butter, honey, fav cold cerial, raisons, dates and a diced up apple and maybe some dried fruit. Mix it all up so that it clumps together and holds. This is a soft treat but lots of carbs and tastes gr8.
The Mountain climbers in the Rock Mtns like to take dextrose tabs with them too for the same reason but faster absorbtion.
Also take plenty of water. 2x what you think you will need! When you have to pee just find a bush, you not gonna be above treeline so no worries...LOL

Yeah I've been ready up about trail mix so that'll definitely be coming up the mountains with me...your peanut butter one sounds yummy!!! Obviously we can leave more substancial food on the coach for the journey's between each ascent.
You are probably right with the 'office guy' comment, thinking about it Zed, I'll just keep going and rest for a couple of days before hand.

Bush to pee behind!!...I should be so lucky Zed.....these hills(to you) mountains (to me) are just rock with some grassy areas lower down and snow nearer to the summit!
That reminds me...if I run out of water at the summit...I must not eat yellow snow! x

Oh I keep forgetting to mention Zed - after you told me about you doing x4 14ers in one go, I went off looking to see what your 14's are all about, and look at pics etc and came across milage charts and actual elavation climbed for these big boys, and it turns out that although our mountains over here seem utterly puny to yours when you compare our 4000 feet with your 14000 feet, the distance and height climbed will actually be really similar, as yours are so far above sea level to start with, and ours are virtually at sea level. Just thought I'd give our little UK mountains a 'big up' - some of our's are bigger than yours!! :p

LOL yellow snow. I think I remember a song about dont eat the yellow snow......

Hey glad you checked out the 14ers chika. And glad you did the comparison.
What you are doing is significant and dont think its not. You are doing it for a gr8 casse and you are doing it for you too.
Im proud of you for taking on the challenge and I think your a wonderful person for giving of yourself and your time for the cause.
Also you will have a gr8 time and fond memories. Take a point and shoot camera and shoot lots of pics to show us on here too plz!

Top Bottom