Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Damage to new collider forces 2-month halt

WTF?

It's you Mechanical Engineers that work on the Cryogenics, which is why the transformer probably failed. Besides, it's a European Consortium that built it, ever seen NATO Sea Sparrow? The most worthless weapons system ever built. Unwieldly, incompatible parts and software, because no one country wanted to yield a subsystem to another.

It would be the management. People design what they're told - they weren't the architects for the idea.

Umm no that just saved the lives of thousands if not millions of people. So I guess to you in your glass house that is no big deal.
The Gore comment was a joke. Guess it was too low for you to understand.
So tell me since you are such a scientist or preveyor of scietific research, what significant developments have occured from the collider in Waxahachi Texas, you know that nice one that was estimated to cost $4.4B (yes billion) then was upgraded to $12B what was the great accomplishment of that?

All accelerators cost billions. That's the going cost, and not unique to yours in Texas. Same with observatories or launching stuff into space.

I haven't followed any Texas accelerators. To find what they have contributed, one would need to reference the accelerator name, researchers and universities affiliated with it, then search the HEP journals. It's not like this kind of stuff makes newspapers or internet headlines (unless, of course, there's mass hysteria of being eaten by extradimensional dragons from black holes pwn3d.)

Dude, we're pushing way beyond sci-fi and star trek nowadays. There's no longer any such thing as single huge breakthroughs. No one's gonna wake up and see headlines of a Dyson spere being completed around our sun.

:cow:

Doesn't every discovery raise more questions? That's the best part of discovery :)

Exactly!

I just don't see how it's gonna connect the standard model and GR. It seems too far detatched from gravitational theories, which are what seem to be the problem. Maybe it is, though. I dunno.

All accelerators cost billions. That's the going cost, and not unique to yours in Texas. Same with observatories or launching stuff into space.

I haven't followed any Texas accelerators. To find what they have contributed, one would need to reference the accelerator name, researchers and universities affiliated with it, then search the HEP journals. It's not like this kind of stuff makes newspapers or internet headlines (unless, of course, there's mass hysteria of being eaten by extradimensional dragons from black holes pwn3d.)

Dude, we're pushing way beyond sci-fi and star trek nowadays. There's no longer any such thing as single huge breakthroughs. No one's gonna wake up and see headlines of a Dyson spere being completed around our sun.

The Texas collider was never completed thanks to one of the best presidents we ever had Bill Clinton!

Top Bottom