Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Combat Sport Regimen For Dummies...

1) When should I implement anabolic's, and what kind would best suit my goals?

dont worry about anabolics right now.. focus on training and education

2) Is there a difference between a bodybuilding and an athletes weight training?
yes 100% you should do a mix of body building type training, olympic lifting, power lifting and muscular endurance type training.

3) Is intense cardio catabolic? When should I do my weight training in relation to my training and my cardio.
you have to find out what works for you but try am weight training, cardio in the afternoon/evening and skill training at night. eat constantly through the day get a great quality whey shake and make sure you are constantly nurished

4) What should my diet be like?
try to eat something every 2hrs. i would start with 25cals per pound of body weight and track your cals and track your weight and make adjustments. you might not put on any weight until you are at 30+ cals per pound... keep a diet journal.

5) What is a sure proof way to avoid gyno.
avoid roids and get your bf% down under 10% and then re evaluate

6) How long would one think it would take me to reach my goal with all factors involved?
just start with small goals.. aim for 10-15lbs of quality muscle in the next year while getting your nutrition and training in order

I might add some questions as we go along, but my greatest concern is going about this totally the wrong way. I just need some kind of guidance.

see my answers above.

i dont really like to recommend programs to people and this one will turn heads but i would say look into what people at crossfit football are doing. you dont have to dive in 100% but they mix powerlifting, olympic lifts and endurance in all there workouts. the diets they recommend are simple.. 1 gal of whole milk and lots of whey protein... it is a good place to start for someone like you.. another great place is this site and the library.

good luck

No offense to thelocal, but those were two terrible posts in a row (post numbers 3 and 4). Training like a bodybuilder will definitely help you bulk up, but in my opinion would be counter-productive to your ultimate goal of being a professional mma fighter. Since you're completely new to weight training, high reps might be fine for a while, but mma training already has a large amount of volume, so I'd recommend lighting near-max weights for lower reps, and keeping it to just twice a week, unless you plan on taking a break from fight training for a while.

Hey Jadepanda, I will do my best to cover all the issues presented with the your last post. If I miss anything please let me know and I'll see if I can answer your questions.

Firstly: AI stands for Aromatase Inhibitor. Aromatase inhibitors block the synthesis of Estrogen. Which cures up Estrogen related side effects, such as your gyno problem.

Secondly: I'm glad you have a decent base knowledge of the basic lifts and exercises. This will save us, you, much time, and all of us headaches :). If you ever have any questions regarding how to properly execute a certain exercise just ask myself or the many good bros on elitefitness. We love to help.

Thirdly: Diet- A fighter's diet is paramount to his training and progression as a fighter. Fighter's diets should be a little carb heavier than normal people's diets. The carbs should be clean and Low on the GI. With all of the metabolic work you do when training you can quickly burn out your glycogen stores, and it's important to keep these adequately filled or you will overtrain quickly. Looking at your diet I do have some minor suggestions. Lets look at your meals and make some slight revisions.

Breakfast: Keep the oatmeal. A half cup is perfect. Keep the eggs but add more. Like 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg. Drop the Juice and milk. These contain processed sugar that will only hinder your personal progression and negate your training efforts. Keep the fruits! Bananas and Raspberries/Blueberries are great. Bananas provide potassium to keep your electrolyte balance in check which prevents cramping and the berries provide anti-oxydants to keep you safe from free radicals.

Lunch: Salad is fine, sandwiches are fine, just make sure you get about 30-50g of Carbs and the same for protein. Make sure you get plenty of green fibrous veggies in your diet. So if you were to rock the salad I would use spinach and Kale instead of Iceberg lettuce. Add the chicken and a little EVOO and some balsamic vinegar and you have an excellent lunch.

Dinner: Keep the meat. If you eat beef eat it sparingly. You'll just feel a little heavy on it. Don't get me wrong I love steak just like any other man, but it's not so good for us mobile athletes. I'd rock fish or chicken. Pasta is an awesome choice! Especially if it's whole wheat pasta! Sweet potatoes are excellent for carbs too. Definitely keep the steamed veggies too.

Now here are the critiques.

STOP DRINKING SODA DAMNIT!!! IT IS UNDERMINING THE HARD WORK YOU PUT INTO YOUR DIET AND YOUR TRAINING!!! I'm not sure what the reason, excuse, or addiction you have is...I don't care....just stop. Drink Gatorade if you need the sugar fix. Gatorade is great for pre and during hydration. If you can just drink at least a gallon of water a day.

Snacks: I like the snacks you have. Try to make it a meal though. 3 meals is not enough, plus it doesn't rev the metabolic furnace high enough. You're shooting 4-6 meals a day.

Protein shakes: you mentioned you take one a day. I would increase it to two. One right when you wake up. When you sleep your body starts to go catabolic. You don't want that, so when you first wake up, you take in that quick absorbing protein and that stops that unfavorable process. The other one you want to consume would be right after your workout. Whole food proteins are great but just aren't absorbed quick enough to repair the damage done to your muscle fibers while you train. Whey protein accomplishes this.

Fourth: Training- I want to know what adverse side effects Decreasing body fat, increasing muscle, exercising your major organs like the heart and lungs, making muscle mind connections, etc have on your pursuit of being a better fighter. Frank mir said he felt slow (I remember the interview) because he was training to pack on more mass. So his lifts were focused on being controlled, not very dynamic, very heavy, and wouldn't you know...he packed on weight, but he was slower. Here's the opposite scenario. I was At Utah Valley State College playing volleyball. I was 23 I had been strength conditioning for 2 years. I weighed 180 and could touch 11'1" and ran a 40 in 5.21. Fast Forward five years. I weighed 210 touched 11'4" and ran the 40 in 4.47. That's a 3" vert increase and a dramatic increase in speed. How is it possible I added on 30lbs and yet became more athletic? Because of the way I train. I train with a purpose. To be the best damn volleyball player I can possibly be. You look at any fighter today, look at the fighter you emulate, They condition their ass off! To be the best possible fighter they can be. I don't know your trainer, but if he seriously thinks this way he does not have your best interests at heart. I'm sorry but that's the truth. You want to get Bigger? Faster? Stronger? and have lungs that never quit? Well You get it through hard FU**ING WORK, BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS! I'm going to PM you some stuff. You can use it if you want.

Let me know your thoughts dude.

"FIGHT LIKE A BRAVE!"

RICK.

i must disagree with Rick'o Shea Gatorade is loaded with 14 Grams of sugar, if you must have liquids then have a glassof water, or tetley tea Decaffinated,unsweetened tea ,add a lemon and some Equal, or go for green tea

Last edited:
Yeah I would have him drink only water. And Gatorade only post workout. I figured having him drink that would be much better than the 100+g of sugar from the soda's.

see my answers above.

i dont really like to recommend programs to people and this one will turn heads but i would say look into what people at crossfit football are doing. you dont have to dive in 100% but they mix powerlifting, olympic lifts and endurance in all there workouts. the diets they recommend are simple.. 1 gal of whole milk and lots of whey protein... it is a good place to start for someone like you.. another great place is this site and the library.

good luck

I'm going to be blunt, and I think this is for your benefit. This is by no means a flame.

1) you are better off dropping weight to 205, you don't have the frame to be a heavyweight.

2) You are not physically gifted, if you can barely bench 135x10 after training thai and grappling for over a year then you likely are not going to be any sort of professional fighter. I'm sorry man.. this is just the truth MMA is now at a level where people that are becoming fighters have been training since childhood and or are extremely gifted athletes.

3) Stay the hell away from steroids. If you can't bench your bodyweight for atleast 5 reps, deadlift 2x your bodyweight and squat 2x your bodyweight. Steroids are not for you.

I have trained for years, long before it became popular. I spent months training thai boxing in Thailand. This is just the blunt truth my friend. Training is a great thing and it makes you feel great but it shouldn't give you delusions or intentions to use steroids when you are at a deficient level.

I'm going to be blunt, and I think this is for your benefit. This is by no means a flame.

1) you are better off dropping weight to 205, you don't have the frame to be a heavyweight.

2) You are not physically gifted, if you can barely bench 135x10 after training thai and grappling for over a year then you likely are not going to be any sort of professional fighter. I'm sorry man.. this is just the truth MMA is now at a level where people that are becoming fighters have been training since childhood and or are extremely gifted athletes.

3) Stay the hell away from steroids. If you can't bench your bodyweight for atleast 5 reps, deadlift 2x your bodyweight and squat 2x your bodyweight. Steroids are not for you.

I have trained for years, long before it became popular. I spent months training thai boxing in Thailand. This is just the blunt truth my friend. Training is a great thing and it makes you feel great but it shouldn't give you delusions or intentions to use steroids when you are at a deficient level.

I agree with this also ,hormone free you should be busting your butt in the gym ,I have a feeling you're doing something wrong, If you're serious them pm me.

Top Bottom