Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

College Football predictions for 2005 season.

Andy13 said:
Interesting viewpoints.. USC is, by definition, the team to beat since they are defending champs, but I don't think they will be able to pull it together for the entire year. They probably had a better team last year, yet, they nearly were dumped by Cal and, well, WERE beat by VA tech. Look out for Fresno state. That team is a landmine.

I disagree with your glaze-over Big ten projections.. Ohio state, by far, has the most talent than any team in the Big Ten. One could argue that OSU has just about as much talent as any team in the country (although USC is loaded). If Ohio state plays anywhere near their potential, they will be a serious threat to go to, and win the Rose bowl.. Aside from the killer nuts, IOwa will be a force in the Big Ten, but something just tells me they won't be able to get it done at Ann Arbor AND in Columbus.

I would be surprised if Michigan doesn't finish third in the Big Ten. LLoyd Carr will somehow find a way to blow a big game or two.

Yeah I'll admit I know nothing about the Big 10, but that is primarily due to how weak it has been in the past couple of years. No teams have been near the top with the exception of Michigan and Iowa. OSU gives me no reason to believe they will suddenly be the best team in the nation, after absolutely crawling through their Big 10 schedule last year. And again, the big 10 wasn't that great last year. Why would they suddenly be able to compete with the big boys?

Tennessee played in the best team in the nation in my opinion last year, Auburn, tighter than anyone else. Auburn would have beaten USC in my mind, as great as they were. Auburn had not a single weakness last year, yet Tennessee only lost to them by 10 with their reserve QB. The QB who wasn't there is an absolute stud and is going to get a lot of attention this year. If he stays healthy, again, I think he is a big time player. Plus he'll have the best supporting cast on offense this side of Southern Cal.

You could interchange any of the Big 10 schools, but I don't think any of them will compete for a championship. And again, OSU would be #3 in the Big 10 if it started today. They may have tons of talent, but they were a Piss Poor team last year. They need to show the talent before I think they are suddenly worth a damn.

slickdadd said:
You could interchange any of the Big 10 schools, but I don't think any of them will compete for a championship. And again, OSU would be #3 in the Big 10 if it started today. They may have tons of talent, but they were a Piss Poor team last year. They need to show the talent before I think they are suddenly worth a damn.
\

The big Ten plays a tough schedule. It is hard to go through an entire season without a loss. For that reason, it would be difficult for a Big Ten team to compete for a championship, certainly not because the talent is not there.

PS- Did you happen to check out OSU's last two games? The team that ended the season bore no resemblence to the team that started the season. This team will be hard to beat.

is all about the U next year if you dont know what the U is you got problems?? more number 1 pics in the NFL draft in the last 5 years thats U is their program is run like a minor leaugue for football!!!!. All the alumnis dont even go during the offeason to their teams minicamp they go back to the U and train their offeseason with the team put it that way!!!. Young kids learn from these guys

Andy13 said:
\

The big Ten plays a tough schedule. It is hard to go through an entire season without a loss. For that reason, it would be difficult for a Big Ten team to compete for a championship, certainly not because the talent is not there.

PS- Did you happen to check out OSU's last two games? The team that ended the season bore no resemblence to the team that started the season. This team will be hard to beat.

I did see OSU's last two games. Those were the only ones I saw. If they can keep that up they will be tough. It's just the first 9 that make me question that. As for the schedule, the Big 10 schedule doesn't hold a candle to the SEC schedule, where both Auburn and UT cleaned house last year. Or at least in my opinion. SEC is the best conference year in and year out, with the exception of the ACC now with all the new teams.

As for the U diesel, I'm actually a huge Hurricanes fan. I'm from Miami, but went to the University of Tennessee. I don't think they have enough talent coming back this year. I look for it to be the first real rebuilding year. THey have a completely inexperienced QB, a mediocre running back in Moss, a very unproven Wide receiving corps, and nobody coming back on D. They're only big player coming back is Hester, who will have everyone's attention. He might have to play receiver some. I say they start the season in the Top 10, but unless Wright lives up to the hype right out of the gates, I don't see them staying there. As much as I hope they would. Even with all the talent.

mts198 said:
"Penn State won't suck next year."
I think they still dont look too good....the blue and white game wasnt too bad but they still dont have too many big players...im should of joined the team but i need to do work and school

I still have a special place in my heart for JoePa, he was the keynote speaker at my HS sports awards ceremony my senior year in 84

Andy13 said:
\

Exactly..I couldn't agree more. Playing in the big ten is so much different than playing down south or out west etc. Futhermore OSU doesn't play blow out games. You wanna see that crap watch Hawaii. Look at the last OSU championship season they had 2 double overtimes and a triple. With Ginn comming back and after Troy Smith comes out of suspension Its gonna be a whole different team next year. The only huge loss is Nugent which really sucks...That said the bucks will easily be the best team in the big 10 next year not to mention the beating their gonna give Michigan.

redguru said:
I still have a special place in my heart for JoePa, he was the keynote speaker at my HS sports awards ceremony my senior year in 84

JoePa's been dead for 5years. I hear he's actually a cyborg.

Top Bottom