Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

College Football predictions for 2005 season.

mts198 said:
"Penn State won't suck next year."
I think they still dont look too good....the blue and white game wasnt too bad but they still dont have too many big players...im should of joined the team but i need to do work and school

So is JoePa going to wrap it up next year? I can understand how it would be kind of hard for a University to fire a coach who has a statue and library with his name on it.

Joe last semester signed a contract for 4 more seasons....but i think he will bail out at the end of this semester.

I have seen some stupid ass predictions in this thread. Auburn!? Why will Auburn be good? They lost the best senior class in the history of that university. They won't even compete in the SEC West. No way no how.

Florida #1!?!?? How!? They lose their best offensive weapon in Fiason, Defensive Leader in Crowder, #1 Receiver in OJ Small, and are going to be #1!??! Sure, Chris Leak is a great QB, but that doesn't make them #1.

Right off of the bat USC is the team to beat. Tons of players coming back, including the receiving corps, Reggie Bush, and Leinart. Tons of talent, and experience.

Texas will have talent, but without Benson look for Vince Young to really suck ass. He can't throw the ball worth a damn, and Benson made him look a lot better than he really is. Texas is also consistently a choker. They won't get it done.

Tennessee is going to be pretty special in my opinion. Granted I'm a UT Alum and quite a homer, but they have tons and tons of talent coming back. Ainge is going to be a big time player. Cannon arm. Cocky, confident qb. He'll have the best WR group in the country to throw to. No doubt. That WR group goes about 4 or 5 deep. All tall, fast, big guys who were big HS recruits. No competition in that area. Plus Gerald Riggs comes back at RB who ran for over 1000 yards last year only getting half of the carries. The Defense is the one question mark with Burnett leaving as well as the young secondary. If the secondary is strong, look for UT to be tough to beat. An early tough schedule facing Florida and Lsu on the road back to back will be their toughest challenge. And it will be very tough.

Michigan has their freshmen QB and RB coming back, but the loss of Edwards could really hurt Henne. It will be interesting to see how he progressed and how he can play without arguably the best player in the game last year. They had a bad defense last year and it will have to be much better for them to contend.

Miami has tons of talent as always, but will have question marks at both Receiver and Quarterback. Lots of new players this year. The massive classes of before have finally left. They have high touted talent as always, just a lot of them haven't seen the field. Kyle Wright will play qb, with Moss at RB. Moss is a bit slow but a big hard to bring down back. Not the typical Miami RB. They have a great tight end in Olsen, but WR will need to pick up a lot from last year. The Defense should be there. Tons of talent on the Defensive side. They need to improve in the secondary though.

Iowa is going to be really tough. Their QB, Tate I think it is, really came on strong at the end of the year. Their defense was stout all year and they have a lot of players coming back, plus Ferentz is an amazing coach. Iowa has to be the favorite with Michigan going into the Big 10 season. Maybe Ohio State too.

Also, Don't sleep on Louisville. Brian Brohm is a big time qb and is only a sophomore. He split a lot of time with Leflors last year and played great as a true freshman like Ainge and Henne. They have loads of talent coming back on offense, as well as a stout defense. Patrino has a great offensive mind and should really be able to put up some points. They will have everyone's attention after last year, so they could start higher and end up in the BCS.

My teams:
USC
Tennessee
Texas
Michigan
Iowa

Sleeper team: Louisville

slickdadd said:
Iowa is going to be really tough. Their QB, Tate I think it is, really came on strong at the end of the year. Their defense was stout all year and they have a lot of players coming back, plus Ferentz is an amazing coach. Iowa has to be the favorite with Michigan going into the Big 10 season. Maybe Ohio State too.

Interesting viewpoints.. USC is, by definition, the team to beat since they are defending champs, but I don't think they will be able to pull it together for the entire year. They probably had a better team last year, yet, they nearly were dumped by Cal and, well, WERE beat by VA tech. Look out for Fresno state. That team is a landmine.

I disagree with your glaze-over Big ten projections.. Ohio state, by far, has the most talent than any team in the Big Ten. One could argue that OSU has just about as much talent as any team in the country (although USC is loaded). If Ohio state plays anywhere near their potential, they will be a serious threat to go to, and win the Rose bowl.. Aside from the killer nuts, IOwa will be a force in the Big Ten, but something just tells me they won't be able to get it done at Ann Arbor AND in Columbus.

I would be surprised if Michigan doesn't finish third in the Big Ten. LLoyd Carr will somehow find a way to blow a big game or two.

Andy13 said:
Aside from the killer nuts, IOwa will be a force in the Big Ten, but something just tells me they won't be able to get it done at Ann Arbor AND in Columbus.
The Iowa - Michigan game is in Iowa City this year... theres no way Michigan will win in Kinnick!

Ohio State wins it all. Tedd Ginn runs all over Michigan and makes them look like the div III womens team that they are. F Michigan!!!!

GuruDupes16 said:
What is everybody's college football predictions for the '05 season. Here are mine:

1. Florida Gators
2. USC Trojans
3. Michigan Wolverines
4. Texas Longhorns
5. Tennessee Volunteers

I know people will comment about Florida at number one, but they have a great new coach in Urban Myer. They also only lose two-three players this year. They will be the sleepers. Michigan and Texas may not be so high, I may post another top 5 later in the week after I do some more studying..

GO GATORS!!! but I wouldnt discount Spurrier at So. Carolina :)

Nebraska will have another disastrous season like last year w/ that idiot x-Raider head coach at the helm, and I’ll laugh all the way

Top Bottom