Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb Loading

This might actually more replies in the diet or Contest Prep boards, but I'll bump it again for you as well.

Reactions: LT3
I use an unorthodox, but very successful, carb up for shows and photo shoots. Most people start low and taper high. I start high and taper low. This works perfectly with the body's ability to store carbs as glycogen effectively. You basically eat very low carbs for 4 days, then deplete your body with a long high rep workout, and then eat high carb for 36-72 hours. You have to monitor your progress and make adjustments. I've found that you need to consume between 10-12 grams of carbs per kg of lean body mass the first 24 hours of carb loading. Then drop it down to 8-10. The third day depends on how you look. Some need to stay at 10, while others need to drop to 6. It just depends on the person.

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Makavelli again.

I use an unorthodox, but very successful, carb up for shows and photo shoots. Most people start low and taper high. I start high and taper low. This works perfectly with the body's ability to store carbs as glycogen effectively. You basically eat very low carbs for 4 days, then deplete your body with a long high rep workout, and then eat high carb for 36-72 hours. You have to monitor your progress and make adjustments. I've found that you need to consume between 10-12 grams of carbs per kg of lean body mass the first 24 hours of carb loading. Then drop it down to 8-10. The third day depends on how you look. Some need to stay at 10, while others need to drop to 6. It just depends on the person.

Thanks a lot mak, this is the kind of info im looking for. i have only one question: on the 4 days of carb depletion, how low should i keep my carbs.

LT3 said:
You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Makavelli again.

Thanks a lot mak, this is the kind of info im looking for. i have only one question: on the 4 days of carb depletion, how low should i keep my carbs.

It really depends on how many you were eating while dieting. In order to deplete your muscles of glycogen you need to lower your carbs to under 50 grams a day. Last time I only ate 25 grams pwo. You also need to keep your fat low at this time. This will force your body to extract every gram of glycogen out of the muscle cells to use for energy. You will feel like shit and it is extremely catabolic, but it's only for 4 days. Have fun... ;)

It really depends on how many you were eating while dieting. In order to deplete your muscles of glycogen you need to lower your carbs to under 50 grams a day. Last time I only ate 25 grams pwo. You also need to keep your fat low at this time. This will force your body to extract every gram of glycogen out of the muscle cells to use for energy. You will feel like shit and it is extremely catabolic, but it's only for 4 days. Have fun...

LOL, thanx a lot bro. im gonna do this procedure around Dec 20th. K coming your way once i finish spreding it around.

Makavelli said:
It really depends on how many you were eating while dieting. In order to deplete your muscles of glycogen you need to lower your carbs to under 50 grams a day. Last time I only ate 25 grams pwo. You also need to keep your fat low at this time. This will force your body to extract every gram of glycogen out of the muscle cells to use for energy. You will feel like shit and it is extremely catabolic, but it's only for 4 days. Have fun... ;)

Sup kid...i've always wondered...when you say under 50g a day of carbs..are you only counting carbs that come from oats, brown rice, yams etc?? I find it that almost any given food has carbs (simple or complex) so to get under 50 would be hard dont you think? Shakes, chicken , tuna , veggies all these have carbs in it..so im just trying to understand...

Top Bottom