Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can We Say Japs if other Countries Call us Yanks?

curling

I really don't like the term yanks especially since i am from the south but it don't bother me. I mean if I am in a foreign country and they call me yank then it doens't bother me it is just what they call us. So why can't we say jap? Referring to a japaneese. I mean who cares it is just short for japaneese.

Oriental *IS* racist.

Oriental means new. Which isn't the case at all the Nips.

I like Chinese.
They're cute, they're cuddle,
They come up to your knees
I like chinese food.....

Asian is the general term, but people from their respected countries in Asia prefer to be called whatever country they're from.

I spent 13 months in Okinawa, they don't consider themselves Japanese b/c Japan invaded there way back when, but are called Japs anyway.

how is oriental racist? you can;t call them asian as that rings in all the area's in asia including indians, pakistani's etc...

I think it depends on the situation, the word Japs has more negative connotations in the Us than it does over here, in the same way the word Yank does in the south than in north, and it also depends in the context its said

Top Bottom