Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing workout

BennyGunnz

Hey guys i have been lefting weights for a long time maybe around 4 years on and off. I have never been big on cardio but then again who is? lol. Boxing has always interested me i was just wondering if any of you know a good boxing workout that will sharpen my fighting skills and build my overall endurance.
Lata Ben

Jump Rope and Shadow Boxing are the two best boxing-related cardio routines. There is basic ground-work (long distance running, hill running, etc.), but I think getting your basic stance, footing, motion, etc, down and then going all out in intervals coordinating along with the length of a boxing round (on a heavy bag or shadowboxing) would be good. I would get the basics of kicking down and integrate that, as well. I do 6 five minute rounds of high intensity shadow boxing 4 times a week with a 30 second break in between, and I definitely am exhausted afterwards.

I work a heavy bag for five 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest in between.
Warm up by jumping rope for 5 minutes.
If you give it your all and kick and punch with gusto you will be wiped out after.

Yeah, I think Heavy Bag Intervals are all the HIIT cardio one needs if they go all out. At least it isn't boring.

Bas Rutten did a similar thing with Thai Pads while training in Japan.

The wrists will be next if you aren't careful. Get a little closer to the bag when you work it, start off faster and easier, then work into digging in the punches. Work on pulling back the hand faster than it takes to send it to the bag, and keep the elbows down, rested on the waist, and chin tucked down...have a slight crouch. Do less with the arm, more with the hip. Keep the arms bent.

I apologize in advance if you know all this. I don't mean to insult your intelligence. Maybe in all of that you can find some help, though.

From my experience, elbow soreness tends to come from over-utilizing the arms in punches, or going too hard too quickly on a bag.

Top Bottom