Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Basketball starts soon...

megad

But I really need to continue lifting weights. For some reason I've been slacking off the past few weeks. I'm afraid of losing this strength I worked hard for all summer.

My questions are...

1) What supplements can I take so I can continue to lift without getting too too tired?

2) To increase my performance before games, what foods or supplement should I take (and at what time)?

3) Do you think it's safe to lift before a hard 2.5 hour practice? If so... any precautions I could take?

well, im a basketball player too at a vary compettative level. right now i dont lift too hardi think you should maybe three two times a week just to keep your strength. do some ploys and just ball ball bball!!! basketball is repetition.

food wize eat whole wheat breads and other complex carbs and nio simple sugars all day long. trust me eat complex carbs helps so much!! and drink lots of water.

dont really know about supps

i would think vit's

A multi Vitamin and creatine, but watch out with the creatine it will probably bloat you if you don't take it with alot of water.

Thriller,

Where do you play?

Meg,

Eat, eat, and eat. You need to take a basic multi-vitamin and keep the calorie intake high. Don't get too ridiculous with the fat.
Specify what level of basketball you are playing. I want to say high school. If that is the case, use your trainier @ school to design you an in-season sport specific program.
If it is college and/or pro which I doubt, I can help you with the programs I used, in college and pro.

PolishHammer1977 said:
Thriller,

Where do you play?

polishhammer i play oba and and i also go to the states and play aau teams every year.
im 16. last year we went to the tournament gym rats(supposivly the second best recruting tournament in the states) we did ok we had a really really bad tourneamtn and we stilll beat the second best team in the tournament.
my team was like 40-1 last year. we were an allstar team. if you put al the best players in the league together and we played them we would win with ease. thats how bad it was.

I play both high school and AAU ball... I'm a junior in high school.

Can you give me examples of some complex carbs and simple sugars?

also

When in the day should I take creatine?

You should lift after practise. But I would separate the two.

You only need to lift once a week with basic compound moves to maintain

complex carbs: bread, potatos, rice, pasta

simple carbs: candy, chocolate, fruit, pop, chips, and all that other crap!

yeah just refuel up with some fast carbs and whey

Basic heavy duty moves that use lots of muscles it - bench press, squats, power clean, rows etc. Ie no isolation stuff

Top Bottom