Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any swimmers out here?

Your kick for the most part should be levered at the hips, then you have more thrust being generated because you use your entire leg to move water as opposed to just your leg below the knee. I have a very strong kick (i kick faster than most people who use fins in the pool on our kick sets). I hardly bend from my knees at all.

It will wear your legs out quickly when you first switch to kicking like this, because your hips won't be used to it. but give it some time and stay with it, and you will be impressed with the results.

Karde- Thanks for the advice. I think a stonger kick will be a HUGE improvement for me.

I still don't understand how to kick at the hips. When I do kick sets I usually do flutter kick on my back in streamline. My body does not roll from side to side that much. (Is that a problem?)

Do you know of a website that has correct swimming videos on it?

sorry dunno any websites.

As far as rolling while kicking, i don't think it should occur much. As far as kicking from your hips, I dunno what else to say than don't bend at your knees, bend at your hips.

Top Bottom