Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any endurance athletes out there?

triguy- the only thing i know about valium is that its great if you need a solid 8-10hrs of sleep! as for nervous system recovery, i have spoken alot with Rick Crawford (Levi and Chann's coach) and he is huge into nervous system recovery, and from what he says the only thing is to be stress free, eliminate stress and keep the nervous system stimulated when training and it will recover. He tells his athletes to never do specific intervals because its boring for the nervous system, he claims its better to go do a hard group ride and get the intensity from that because your nervous system will be much more stimulated. He says you can do specific intervals but only if you are very very motivated at the time. Yah, i use ice baths alot after training, i shoot for a temp. of around +5 to +10 any colder than that and its too much of a shock. The alternating is good for a flush of the legs, if you feel like you have alot of lactic acid buildup then the alternating is good, but right after a good hard ride, i just do the 20mins in cold. And all that other shit you are talking about i have never heard of, but am interested in it nonetheless. ok, time to jump behind the scooter for 2hrs.. adios
rider

Endurance athletes-
Lets hear your supplementation routines:

AM:

Calcium 50mg?
ALA 100mg
B-Complex
Twin Labs Multi Vitamin
Glucosamine/MSM 1000mg of each
Saw Palmetto 160mg
Milk Thistle 100mg
Vit C 1000mg

PM:

CoQ10 75mg
ALA 100mg
B-complex
Glutamine 2000mg
Amino acid supp
Vit E EOD
Iron 50mg EOD
Milk thistle 100mg
Saw Palmetto 160mg

Post ride:
B complex
ALA 200mg
Argine 100mg
Endurox R4 (53g carb/13g pro)
sublngual B12
Vit C 1000mg
protein shake (40g protein)

FHG

Injectable b12 - 3cc's a week

AlA - 300mg's per meal or 600mg's per high carb meal. 600mg's post race w/recoverydrink

recovery drink-(glutamine1000mg's,ribose1000mg's carbs 80grams,protein 40grams,)

Ribose- 1000mg's a day

IP6 w/calcium (Jarrow) - 1 gram 3x a day

Iron 50mg's 3x week

B complex multiple

Vit E 400 - 800 mgs a day

2000 - 4000 mg's vit.C (help's in B absorption)

MSM, Elecrtolytes, etc..

was using Tribulis 3 grams a day for a few weeks but just ran out
---------------------

Last edited:
AM- multi vitamin, flax seed oil, chlorella

after a hard ride- recovery shake (2scoops gator load 50g carb, 1 scoop whey protein 17g protein, and 1oz trace mineral supplement) sometimes will use some BCAA pills and also electrolyte pills if the weather was nice.

I have some injectable B12 but I have yet to use it, does anyone think itd be a good idea? I was thinking about scheduling an appointment to get my blood tested in hopes of being perscribed some iron injections as well as B12. Does anyone think that if i did a hard 5hr ride and then went right in and got my blood tested my levels would be low enough to warrant perscription? Maybe my test. levels would be low too!?! FHG- what is ALA? if anyone has any suggestions to my rather weak supplement routine id certainly appreciate it. Im also dieting pretty heavily right now (about 1500kcal a day deficet, with almost all kcal's coming from fats and protein) is there anything I should be taking so i dont lose too much strength?
rider

Rider - There is a lot of info on ala on this board - do a search. It's an antioxidant that works somewhat like insulin and helps glucose metabolism. On a low cal diet it should help you get more nutrients out of your food. Take it when you eat something because it can give you heartburn. www.nutriteam.com has it for pretty cheap. If you have b12 use it! It will give you more energy and help in building in Red Blood Cells. You can get this online as well through pet pharmacy's.

Last edited:
roadkill- Thanks alot for the advice, I went out and picked up some ALA tonight.. Ill start in on it tomorrow. Im a little nervous about the B12 as I've never given myself injections.. I also couldnt find any for sale on any pet pharmacy page, maybe you have a link or something? I have 2 10cc vials, how much should I be using a week? its called Tiaminal B12 and I got it in Mex. Thanks again for the advice.
rider

diets?

Since you guys are all endurance athletes I was wondering if some of you can post some sample diets that you use?? Or types of foods you eat for endurance. I'm getting more into racing (converted from bodybuilding). What types of foods for energy on the go??? quick meals?

rider - 2 bottles of 10cc's should last a while. You really only need 1cc a week. It's cheap so I generally load up a little more or do two injections a week - Tue and Thur. Here's a link for b-12.
http://www.jefferslivestock.com/sscproduct.asp?cid=2&bid=1&pf_id=16514

It can be kinda weird injecting yourself for the first time. Some guys do b12 in their delts with an insulin pin. I use a 1" 23 gauge in the glutes.Try www.getpinz.com if you need them. Get some alcohol swabs as well.

To inject, clean the area with an alcohol swab. Hang your right leg over a bed while kneeling with the other leg on the bed, then pull the skin tight on your right glute( on the side of your glute,centered) with your left hand using your thumb and forefinger. Holding the pen like a dart in one movement stick it in quickly. It will go in like butter and wont hurt if done swiftly and straight. Pull back on the plunger if it's tight and no blood comes into the syringe slowly inject the contents. This will make it less sore later. When done injecting pull the needle straight out and clean the area with an alcohol swab.
Practice on a tomato before sticking yourself to get the technique down if your nervous about it. Also clean the top of the bottles with an alcohol swab before loading up the syringe the next time you are going to inject.

Diet -
I eat 40/30/30 because it works for me. Just do what you normaly do but eat some easily digestible carbs on your hard/long endurance days and some recovery carbs/protein after. Then normal diet after. If you increase your carbs too much trying to compensate for your efforts you'll end up putting on weight. The day before a big event make sure your getting good carbs during lunch and dinner but you don't have to stuff yourself. Eat a normal breakfast the day of the event 3-4 hours before your start.

hope this helps

Roadkill- Thanks so much for the info. I guess I need to just sac up and stick myself. Is it alright to take B12 for the entire season? and is there any other legal supplement that would help me out? maybe some injectable iron? A few guys I ride with are big into keno. it's just injectable vitamins, have you heard of this, and do you think itd be a good idea?

diet-
Pretty much just go really light on food, no bulking for us! right now im eating pretty much all fats and proteins to try and lose some weight but usually 2 days before an event I load up a bit on carbs to get the glycogen stores up. Thats about it, everyone has different theory's on diet so you'll just have to experiment and see what works for you. Hope this helps.
rider

Thanks for the replies...any help is appreciated....Yeah I'm eating stuff like yogurt, fruit, clean meats (turkey, chicken, fish)...and trying to stay low on calories but eat every few hours......do you guys ever feel like you are losing muscle from not eating enough???? It seems so much different than bodybuilding so I'm trying to figure it all out....right now i'm on a winny/arimidex cycle also to maintain muscle while i figure the whole diet thing out.

Top Bottom