Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

11/19 Nfl: Pick Any Wining Team!!! Moneyline!! (big $$$k$$ Limit)

gjohnson5 said:
I don't think you should be able to change the odds on an event well after folks have put money on it. The bookie needs to make sure his odds reflect the actually probability that event will happen
On the contrary, a bookie needs to be able to change the odds at will. Obviously, the odds can't change on someone who has already placed a bet but the only way a bookie can cover himself against a monster of a pile-on is by sliding the odds to reflect betting, as a real-world bookie does. If you see odds you like then take them while they're available.

If Swole were a mod in this forum, he'd have been able to change the odds on this event to 93/100 and those who have already bet would have kept the 4.61 odds. As it is, he's probably going to have to settle part of that bet by hand through the store and suffer possibly enormous taxes.

If fix-up events are allowed here then that might save the unreasonable taxes.

Swole for Bookie mod

gjohnson5 said:
I don't think you should be able to change the odds on an event well after folks have put money on it. The bookie needs to make sure his odds reflect the actually probability that event will happen

If you go back and read my post, you'll notice I'm still honoring the original bets placed on the Patriots/Bears parlay. I accidentally gave it 461/100 odds instead of the true 93/100. Other people who host events would have had those bets cancelled altogether (needto); instead, I'm simply changing the odds on the fly. I'm basically eating my mistake. I don't care about the karma store fee.

Also, I need to know out of the original 8 bets placed who made the 2 private bets.

gjohnson5 said:
Bets always dictate odds, bro.

btw fellas, keep in mind i will be settling this event around 9 PM EST tonight, after the 4:00 PM games are over

and i will be settling the bears/patriots event via the karma store, and i will eat the tax

any questions, post em up

swole said:
Also, I need to know out of the original 8 bets placed who made the 2 private bets.
I bet 100,000 and hammy bet 200,000 on that.

SoKlueles said:
I bet 100,000 and hammy bet 200,000 on that.

sounds good, lol @ hammy placing a private bet

i'll send it over later on tonight

swole said:
If you go back and read my post, you'll notice I'm still honoring the original bets placed on the Patriots/Bears parlay. I accidentally gave it 461/100 odds instead of the true 93/100. Other people who host events would have had those bets cancelled altogether (needto); instead, I'm simply changing the odds on the fly. I'm basically eating my mistake. I don't care about the karma store fee.

wtf

Top Bottom