Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein shake before workout bad?

some schools of thought say to flush your body during the wo to with protien whe your body needs it most.

Here is my theory on the w/o shakes.

1 how does your body kow whe your doe workig out to start pushig all the protei in the muscles. lets say you do shoulder tris and chest on day one. you pound your chest for 30-45 minutes then hit shoulders for 30 the hit tris for 30. Well by the time you get to your pwo shake you are out of the 45 miute window professed by so many on here so your chest gets nothig from the pwo shake. So IMO utriet timig is a hoax

2 when does your body really need the protien? Whe is your body going through the most damage? durig your workout. So why not give it what it needs during the workout. add some glucose with it to replenish your glycogen sotres you are using up in the workout

3 The preworkout shake is always good because you need protien.

Yeah i like the post workout shake for sure : big blast with a 20oz gatorade so protein/carb intake = the same.

As for pre workout... I just make sure it's dranken 45 mins before, that way my stomach isn't digesting anything while working out, allowing blood flow to go to the muscles, and not my stomach =]

but yes, pregame protein is a forsure

30min Pre - 50-60 Isolate Whey, 10 L-Glutamine, 10 BCAA, 30 Vitargo or Waxy Maize
During - 10 L-Glutamine, 10 BCAA, 10 EAA 30 Vitargo
15min Post - 50-60 Isolate Whey, 10 L-Glutamine, 10 BCAA, 60-100 Vitargo or Waxy Maize (depends on Slin), 10 EAA, 1000 VC, 1000 E, 30 VSF, 600 ALA

60-90Min Later - 200g Chicken, 1 cup oats or Brown rice

Many trainers I have talk to usually advise to take a whey protein shake before and after working out. Usually 30 minutes before and immedietly after. Egg, goat, and cassein break down very slowly where as whey is immeditly broken down. I would recommend to use goat, egg or cassien protein before sleeping. Some people I met take whey before sleeping but also drink alot of water so they wake up in the middle of the night to take another shake. I rather just buy goat, egg or cassein protein and sleep as much as possible. I usually take gaba to help me get into a deep sleep for my muscles to recover. I use to use melatonin however I read by taken it often can cause you not to sleep without it becuase your body will slow down on the development on making its own.

Top Bottom