Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eden Club in Bangkok

Like hot white women would ever want to date an asian male unless he owns 50 dry cleaning stores and is filthy rich.
-= nav =-

you racist f**k

Krazykat said:
Like hot white women would ever want to date an asian male unless he owns 50 dry cleaning stores and is filthy rich.
-= nav =-

you racist f**k

supernav, that really is one hell of a racist statement. u-g-l-y.

hellorhih2o

I really don`t think that beautiful intelligent Thai women would marry a farrang for the reasons you gave. In fact some Thai families even would put some resistance to their daughter marrying a farrang (westerner for those who don`t know).

I mean sure, some and even then not all poor Thai girls would marry a Westerner no matter how ugly, old and so on.

Also I seriously question your opinon of bi-racial children in Thailand. Quite a few famous people are mixed, its rather cool to be half white and half Thai. I can`t say about other Asian countries but this certainly applies for Thailand.

What`s your connection with the land of smiles?

hellorhih2o said:

Western men can get women in Thailand (and many other parts of Asia) no matter how old, ugly or disgusting they are. And I'm not just talking about ho's. The same thing is true about educated and beautiful women. A white man is not only a "status symbol" (in a weird way), chances are also that a Western guy will treat them better (if ever so slightly) and they're also a potential "ticket out".
That's not really true. Although I pulled a hot one in Thailand when I was there, I couldn't have if I was ugly or a loser. Being a westerner in Asia has advantages and disadvantages. What Krazykat said is somewhat true. Sometimes it helps to be a westerner, sometimes it hinders. No ugly loser is going to pull a hot or intelligent woman in Thailand.

Krazykat said:
hellorhih2o

I really don`t think that beautiful intelligent Thai women would marry a farrang for the reasons you gave. In fact some Thai families even would put some resistance to their daughter marrying a farrang (westerner for those who don`t know).

I mean sure, some and even then not all poor Thai girls would marry a Westerner no matter how ugly, old and so on.

Also I seriously question your opinon of bi-racial children in Thailand. Quite a few famous people are mixed, its rather cool to be half white and half Thai. I can`t say about other Asian countries but this certainly applies for Thailand.

What`s your connection with the land of smiles?

Well, I admit that I'm mixing Thai and Asian beliefs (read my first post, I clearly make references to ASIAN people, not just THAI people).

OK, I bet there are beautiful and intelligent Thai women who would not marry just any Westerner but you'll have to forgive me, but I still stand by my statement that many would. If you completely want to contradict that, my guess is that you're Thai yourself (or have very close relationships to Thailand) and feel a need to defend the culture. Sorry, but Western men, ugly or not, do well in Thailand. I can't give you that one.

The bi-racial comment was about Asia in general. I can't say that I have first hand knowledge about bi-racial kids in Thailand but my comment was "In many Asian countries, bi-racial kids end up being put up for adoption in Europe or the US."

That is an absolutely true statement. Try Korea or Japan or even parts of China. Would you want to be a bi-racial kid in Korea?

My ties to Thailand (and other Asian countries) are all personal ties. I've spent so much time out there that I've been fortunate enough to make some really close personal friends (NOT an easy thing to do for a foreigner in most parts of Asia). And we've had endless discussions about these very topics since it's fascinates the living hell out of me. Most of my friends also have some kind of bi-cultural upbringing though (born in Thailand, school in the US or Europe and then back to Thailand--that type of thing) and I realize that they don't always represent the beliefs of the average Thai person.

I have a love/hate relationship with all of Asia (well aware that the differences within Asia are enormous). I'm sick and tired of going on business trips to any Asian country (the crowds, the lack of personal space, the enormous communication gap, the LACK OF GYMS, etc., etc.) But the cultures also fascinates me and to see all these ancient cultures transform very quickly but still keep some of their very core cultural beliefs is amazing and a mystery to me.

But please, please, please don’t tell me that Western men don’t do well in Thailand. I’ve been there. Many times... Please...

plornive said:
That's not really true. Although I pulled a hot one in Thailand when I was there, I couldn't have if I was ugly or a loser. Being a westerner in Asia has advantages and disadvantages. What Krazykat said is somewhat true. Sometimes it helps to be a westerner, sometimes it hinders. No ugly loser is going to pull a hot or intelligent woman in Thailand.

Beg to differ. I've seen it first hand...

This is interesting guys, plornive nice to see you old chap! As a sociologist, (education, degree, personal interest and teacher) culture is a fascinating topic.

If a woman is intelligent and beautiful then I really doubt any ugly, fat, old Westerner is going to get her unless its for money.

Sure you have seen it happen first hand, but personal experiences can hardly be argued to wholly correlate with an entire culture.

I feel no need to defend any culture, I don`t really affliate myself with any place. I was born and have lived in the UK all my life, and I can assure you that I would not defend the UK culture on the basis of my background.

But interesting stuff, can`t say I have all if really many answers but I certainly have questions!

Last edited:
Top Bottom