Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rofl.. i got challenged to a fight by a karate black belt

Yarg!

Platinum Membership gift from THE BOMB SQUAD!
some black belt friend of mine who's been taking karate for 8 solid yrs challenged me to a full contact, 100 percent power, going till KO or TO sparring session/fight. funny thing is i have 8 weeks of muay thai and about 3 months of brazilian jiu jitsu. he challenged me after he heard stories of this real fight that i was in, in which i used bjj in a real world situation and came out the winner. so i guess he wants to prove himself or something and issued a challenge. ofcourse i am coming in with no expectations for myself, since i respect karate as an art- expecially 8 yrs of it. however, if i beat him, this will look absolutely appaling for his art, whereas if i lose ppl will just go "8 weeks vs 8 yrs... no wonder he lost, oh well". so i have nothing to lose and everything to gain whereas he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. expect video in a few weeks, we can even karma bookie this, LOL. my game plan is to come in agressive, jab cross, jab, round house to the thigh and shoot for the legs. assume mount and start the ground and pount and/or look for a submission.

my greatest gift is my ability to never be over confident. hopefully i can use that to my advantage. i know hes got 8 yrs, i know exactly what im capable off, im not gonna run my mouth, there is no animosity between us, itll jus tbe a good old fashion brawl. if i lose which i have a 80 percent chance of doing , oh well, hes a black belt, what did i expect. if i expect to murder him, i have my head in the clouds.

Go for it.
If he has 8 years of traditional training, you may still beat him if you have strength and endurance. he will play by the mechanical boundaries that traditionalists follow. you will use anything to give you an advantage. if anything goes, do anything.

and as you say, you have nothing to lose. its good for both of you to fight and learn. its like chess, if you have only a few winning strategies the guy with more may have the advantage. the cross discipline fight will benefit your friend also

The style isnt whats important. Its your instincts. Some people can train MA for a whole lifetime, and still be goddamn useless when it comes to fighting, while others just have it in them. Its the heart that matters. If the guy youre fighting never has fought full-contact, then youll have a good chance.

Dont try to stand up and punch with him, wait for a high punch or Kick then use a single leg takedown to full mount, then arm bar.

Top Bottom