Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

would rubbing alcohol prevent athletes foot?

Severe thread bump (EIGHT YEARS OLD), but the point is still valid I guess, and hasn't been in any new threads lately...

I say bleach. I don't know if alcohol will do it. Obviously, bleach is supposed to be bad for skin, but I've done that many times after being in places that I could get athlete's foot. The one time I got it was in the Los Angeles County Jail (I was younger & dumber once, believe it or not). That time, I got rid of it over about a month, with OTC sprays and powders. Once it gets in, it's very hard to get out, and you almost need pills. There are heavy Rx antifungal pills which will get rid of it in a few days, then you MUST do ALL THE OTHER THINGS to keep it gone. That means remove and throw out ALL of your insoles from all shoes that you've even tried on since the problem came. Wash ALL socks in bleach and hot water, and obviously clean your own shower, bathroom floors, and anyplace you walk barefoot with a heavy bleach solution.

Based on what I've heard from friends, the way you get it back is in shoes that you "cleaned or washed", and that doesn't work. AT LEAST throw out the insoles, and spray bleach or Lysol into the toes of the shoes, and leave them out in the sun. Better yet, if you can afford it, dump the shoes and buy all new.

Charles

Top Bottom