Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why the GOP must be stopped

DB works for a government tax collector, which is by definition an economic non producer. Of course hes for any program that takes from others to give to himself.
Its what he does for a living

Are you saying that my parents did not pay into, nor benefit from, Social Security and Medicare? That is a false claim.

And the Hippies were mostly from the pre-Baby Boom generation, born between about 1938-1944. In 1966-1967, the very oldest Baby Boomers were only about 18-21 years old, barely even old enough to tag along behind the Hippies.

You need to bone up on your history.

Of course they did. But they aren't lifetime "invested" like the poor souls who you'll be taking money from.

I keep answering your questions. Now answer at least one of mine: How do you feel about taking those extra $2 from today's youth? I want to hear how your sense of fairness reconciles with the harsh reality that their opportunities are limited by your entitlements. Should the guys who cashed-out a week before Bernie Madoff was arrested get to keep all their money too?

Of course they did. But they aren't lifetime "invested" like the poor souls who you'll be taking money from.

Social Security was enacted in 1935, before either of my parents ever entered the work force, so they were fully invested in that. Medicare was enacted in 1965, about 23 years before my parents reached 65, so while they weren't paying into it for their whole working lives, they did pay in for more than half.

So in a way, they paid in less than I will, but still drew the full benefit. Which I guess I helped pay for. I'm okay with that.

I keep answering your questions. Now answer at least one of mine: How do you feel about taking those extra $2 from today's youth? I want to hear how your sense of fairness reconciles with the harsh reality that their opportunities are limited by your entitlements. Should the guys who cashed-out a week before Bernie Madoff was arrested get to keep all their money too?

First of all, I don't know the veracity of your numbers, and suspect that you've spun them to support your agenda. And have you factored in the ~20% of Americans who die before they reach 65? They pay in without ever receiving anything apart from the small death benefit. Is that 2.9% tax really limiting anyone's opportunities?

First of all, I don't now the veracity of your numbers, and suspect that you've spun them to support your agenda. And have you factored in the ~20% of Americans who die before they reach 65? They pay in without ever receiving anything apart from the small death benefit. Is that 2.9% tax really limiting anyone's opportunities?

The fund pays out $3 for ever $1 it collects, even when adjusted for the time value of money. That's why Medicare is going broke. And I'm sure you'll dismiss it as spin, but it's not me saying that -- it's the MEDICARE AUDITORS. If you'd change the channel off MSNBC sometime, you'd see stories like that.

And now... you've dodged the question several times. So let's try this again:

Is anyone going after the guys who cashed out a week before Madoff was arrested? And what does it have to do with this discussion.

Regarding your ridiculous, loaded question, I guess I feel fine about soaking today's youth. Maybe I wouldn't have to, though, if the GOP assholes would stop holding the US political process hostage, and actually allow our programs to be funded.

BTW, I'm not suggesting that conservatism as a political philosophy must be crushed, just the GOP. Conservatism and liberalism need each other as a system of checks and balances, neither can be allowed to run free.

Is anyone going after the guys who cashed out a week before Madoff was arrested? And what does it have to do with this discussion.

Of course they are. Did you not know that?

Regarding your ridiculous, loaded question, I guess I feel fine about soaking today's youth. Maybe I wouldn't have to, though, if the GOP assholes would stop holding the US political process hostage, and actually allow our programs to be funded.

Better them than you, eh? Gotta get it while you can.

Just remember your position next time you castigate some corporate fat cat for protecting their own interests.

The fund pays out $3 for ever $1 it collects, even when adjusted for the time value of money.

Plunkey is .....wrong again! Anyone surprised?

Actually, receipts have always exceeded expenditures from 1982 to 2010. Here's a table showing that.

Social Security Trust Funds

In 2011, expenditures exceeded income for the first time since 1982. There are plenty of ideas of how to turn that around and keep SS sovent. Even if we do nothing, trust fund reserves are projected to last through 2033.
To make SS work, what we need is to fund it, and educate people about it, so they don't believe stupid lies like Punkey is throwing around all the time.

Plunkey is .....wrong again! Anyone surprised?

Actually, receipts have always exceeded expenditures from 1982 to 2010. Here's a table showing that.

Social Security Trust Funds

In 2011, expenditures exceeded income for the first time since 1982. There are plenty of ideas of how to turn that around and keep SS sovent. Even if we do nothing, trust fund reserves are projected to last through 2033.
To make SS work, what we need is to fund it, and educate people about it, so they don't believe stupid lies like Punkey is throwing around all the time.

Nice, but I think he was talking about Medicare numbers, got any stats for that? 'Cause I suspect his numbers for that were loaded too.

Top Bottom