Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who will win american idol?

stilleto said:
but I thought 4/5 are better odds, no?

Don't listen to swole, you're right about the odds. Next time, you should offer really "bad" odds, like 5/1. ;)

I'd be interested to hear swole's opinion on shifting odds. My initial reaction is that, while it would be interesting, the number of bettors isn't great enough to create trends that justify changing a line. I doubt it'd be necessary for the bookies; they do a good job of adjusting the opening limits and odds to keep from taking a loss in the long run given what they know about the tendencies of bettors here. Also, I've never created a poll/bookie event, so correct me if I'm wrong on this: changing the text of one of the options, which would be how spreads in NFL and NBA would be changed, isn't allowed.

wtf, i should have left the odds at 4/5. i knew that was better. (for me).

i so don't like gambling. :(

I think, just because you cheated me, whether you meant to or not, instead of 10 karmas
it should be 100,000
just to preserve our friendship:)

Of course 8/10 is better for the bookie, but it's absolute shit for the person placing the bet. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't take 8/10 on a coinflip...but of course this shouldn't and is not a coinflip.

Stilleto, you're not going to lose much karma on this at all. If the amount stacked on each side is the exact same, you win no matter what. The limit is 2000 hits for crying out loud, these are crumbs.

I never knew you can change odds before an event is closed. Each bookie needs to be able to do this for his own event. ASAP. Bookies all around the globe and even online gambling sites change odds before an event actually takes place; this is a fair and practiced feature which needs to be added to our system as soon as possible. The person who placed an early bet gets to keep the same odds while new bets get a new payout.

I'm actually a little upset we didn't know about this earlier.

swole said:
Of course 8/10 is better for the bookie, but it's absolute shit for the person placing the bet. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't take 8/10 on a coinflip...but of course this shouldn't and is not a coinflip.

Stilleto, you're not going to lose much karma on this at all. If the amount stacked on each side is the exact same, you win no matter what. The limit is 2000 hits for crying out loud, these are crumbs.

I never knew you can change odds before an event is closed. Each bookie needs to be able to do this for his own event. ASAP. Bookies all around the globe and even online gambling sites change odds before an event actually takes place; this is a fair and practiced feature which needs to be added to our system as soon as possible. The person who placed an early bet gets to keep the same odds while new bets get a new payout.

I'm actually a little upset we didn't know about this earlier.

oh... um... i'm sorry. I didn't know either. Its not like I was keeping it from anyone- i hope you know that. I can't argue your point for you cause I'm not familiar with betting at all, obviously, but if you'd like me to copy your post to the mod forum i will.

Oh, and klue... it was nice knowing you. :)

Stilleto sweets, I wasn't pointing any fingers at you; I am just surprised the ability to modify odds existed and we just realized it.

My goal (as well as the other regulars) is to make this forum as fun and professional as possible.

swole said:
Stilleto sweets, I wasn't pointing any fingers at you; I am just surprised the ability to modify odds existed and we just realized it.

My goal (as well as the other regulars) is to make this forum as fun and professional as possible.

could that ability be used for anything shady? or does the fact that the betters get to keep the odds they had when they placed the bet make it hard to cheat the system?

Top Bottom